Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: The UN does not belong in the Internet business!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Beans
    91
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: The UN does not belong in the Internet business!

    Yup, the 3rd world country I visited this summer had blackberries everywhere, laptops and WiMAX. And dirt roads and cows everywhere...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Beans
    91
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: The UN does not belong in the Internet business!

    As for the UN and internet regulations, I think it's more about creating standards than adding more rules. As has been said, the internet is already regulated, it's more about countries coming to an agreement on said regulation.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wabasha MN
    Beans
    2,355
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: The UN does not belong in the Internet business!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post
    Yup, the 3rd world country I visited this summer had blackberries everywhere, laptops and WiMAX. And dirt roads and cows everywhere...
    I also forgot to mention I now know where all the old VW bugs went. And they keep them running.
    My hometown on the Mississippi River.
    Using a Asus 3632QM laptop with 8gig RAM, 750gig Hybrid.
    Machine Registered 366271, 366273, 366275.
    Registered Ubuntu user number 18630. Registered Linux user number 458093.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Beans
    6,029

    Re: The UN does not belong in the Internet business!

    Quote Originally Posted by irv View Post
    I also forgot to mention I now know where all the old VW bugs went. And they keep them running.
    Were you in South America somewhere by any chance? Last one was manufactured in 2003 which is not that long ago.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: The UN does not belong in the Internet business!

    Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    Were you in South America somewhere by any chance? Last one was manufactured in 2003 which is not that long ago.
    I assume he's talking about the 'true' bugs, from the 60s.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Beans
    6,029

    Re: The UN does not belong in the Internet business!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grenage View Post
    I assume he's talking about the 'true' bugs, from the 60s.
    Those were still made up until 2003. I'm not referring to the modern version.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: The UN does not belong in the Internet business!

    Wow, really? I thought that production of those ended in the 70s!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Beans
    6,029

    Re: The UN does not belong in the Internet business!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grenage View Post
    Wow, really? I thought that production of those ended in the 70s!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswa..._of_production

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Beans
    12,944

    Re: The UN does not belong in the Internet business!

    This has drifted way off topic, I believe we can close now
    This account is not active.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •