Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: App for Streaming Torrents

Beans

Re: App for Streaming Torrents

Quote Originally Posted by prince2689 View Post
    I found a solution with the help of @HalationEffect

Solution:

Install Media Player plugin into Ktorrent. Start downloading the video file from torrent. Add that file to the playlist of the media player. This makes libktorrent to switch to sequential mode. Then after appropriate download usually 5-10% of the file, click play and enjoy the video while it is downloading !!!!

KTorrent is the best Torrent client......

Thanks All.
    Sorry I forgot to respond, yeah Ktorrent is great, i have never needed to do anything with Media player though, but yeah i knew it worked.

Peace
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

I am sure there are others ways of doing this but somehow only qBittorrent worked for me

choose download in sequential order & wait for few % of file to download and finally open media file normally
    Last edited by pranjalsagar5; July 2nd, 2013 at 09:31 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by prince2689 View Post
    Then after appropriate download usually 5-10% of the file, click play and enjoy the video while it is downloading !!!!
    And you don't even have to use KTorrent's own player - after playing it in the Media Player Plugin for a few seconds Ktorrent will continue sequentially downloading the file. You can stop playback in Ktorrent and view the file in VLC or something.

It's weird they don't just provide an option "sequentially download" in the context menu, instead of offering it only through the media player plugin. I suspect most people would prefer using their regular media player, particularly as the ktorrent media player is a bit buggy (crashed on me three times, controls wouldn't go away in fullscreen etc..)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12