help duel booting 12.10 with windows 8 on uefi macine.
I recently purchased a new toshiba ultra book that comes pre-installed with windows 8. I'm trying to duel boot 12.10 with it and I have run into a problem with the installer. When I get to the page to pick the partitions i get this:
No drives are listed and the only thing in that device drop down is /dev/sda
if i click install now or +/-/change i get an ubuntu has stopped working error message.
I'm trying to install off a 12.10 64 bit usb drive. In uefi mode and i have tried it with secure boot both enabled and disabled with the same results.
The harddrive set up is as follows:
500 GB main drive
- windows recovery - primary
- efi boot section - primary
- Windows' partion (280 GB i believe) - primary
- unallocated space i created for ubuntu partition (200ish GB)
- another windows recovery partition - primary
12 GB solid state drive
could it be a problem with the amount of primary drives? i think i read somewhere about a max of 4.
Tags for this Thread