Thread: Kinfo Center??

Hybrid View

Beans

Kinfo Center??

After many years since using 7 or 8 what ever it was version I last used I decided to give ubuntu another try. Looks great. Big improvement since last used. More user friendly and auto install stuff with software center. I mean no more compiling and opening terminal every 5 seconds.

Don't get me wrong I love my new upgrade to *cough* windows 8 *cough*. But going to my sisters for thanksgiving I didn't want travel with the huge 15.6” laptop (especially at the airport). So I got a used lenovo ideapad s9 off ebay for 35 dollars. 1Gb ram included. And I Added 500 gb hard drive.

Works great. But 1 issue. Actually bluetooth doesn't work. But I don't need it. Anyhow in software center I installed “kinfo center”. It says installed. But I don't see it anywhere.

And also is 40 degrees celcius to hot for “/dev/sda”/ I believe it is a “wd500bevt”. But it is 500gb and 2.5” sata and western digital for sure.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Kinfo Center??

If you're running KDE, Alt-F2 and type in kinfocenter. Otherwise you should be able to run it from a terminal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

is 40 degrees celcius to hot for “/dev/sda”/ I believe it is a “wd500bevt
    My WD Caviar 500 GB runs about 38 to 40 C and after checking I found this to well within safe limits. My front case fan is activated by hdd temp and its never even run.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

You can disable bluetooth in system settings the bluetooth applet if you want to do it from GUI, is that what you were asking ?
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Alt + F2 works thanks. Don't know why clicking on the top left icon and searching for kinfo or kinfocenter doesn't.

As for the bluetooth it says in the system setting when I click on the bluetooth icon "no bluetooth adapters found". No big deal though I hardly ever use it.

As for the hard drive this is netbook so I can't just add another fan,