Thread: Kinfo Center??

Beans

Kinfo Center??

After many years since using 7 or 8 what ever it was version I last used I decided to give ubuntu another try. Looks great. Big improvement since last used. More user friendly and auto install stuff with software center. I mean no more compiling and opening terminal every 5 seconds.

Don't get me wrong I love my new upgrade to *cough* windows 8 *cough*. But going to my sisters for thanksgiving I didn't want travel with the huge 15.6” laptop (especially at the airport). So I got a used lenovo ideapad s9 off ebay for 35 dollars. 1Gb ram included. And I Added 500 gb hard drive.

Works great. But 1 issue. Actually bluetooth doesn't work. But I don't need it. Anyhow in software center I installed “kinfo center”. It says installed. But I don't see it anywhere.

And also is 40 degrees celcius to hot for “/dev/sda”/ I believe it is a “wd500bevt”. But it is 500gb and 2.5” sata and western digital for sure.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Kinfo Center??

If you're running KDE, Alt-F2 and type in kinfocenter. Otherwise you should be able to run it from a terminal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

is 40 degrees celcius to hot for “/dev/sda”/ I believe it is a “wd500bevt
    My WD Caviar 500 GB runs about 38 to 40 C and after checking I found this to well within safe limits. My front case fan is activated by hdd temp and its never even run.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

You can disable bluetooth in system settings the bluetooth applet if you want to do it from GUI, is that what you were asking ?
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Alt + F2 works thanks. Don't know why clicking on the top left icon and searching for kinfo or kinfocenter doesn't.

As for the bluetooth it says in the system setting when I click on the bluetooth icon "no bluetooth adapters found". No big deal though I hardly ever use it.

As for the hard drive this is netbook so I can't just add another fan,