Thread: TI-84 plus is not recognized as a device by ti-connect

Beans

Exclamation TI-84 plus is not recognized as a device by ti-connect

Hello
    I am a student who was introduced to using the graphic calculators apps to simply insert the quadratic equation in it without using the very long formula. But my math teacher was so shocked when she realized i didnt have the app so i tried to connnect it to my computer after installing ti-connect by using the cd, i noticed when plugging the usb-cable in the laptop it gave me a weird sound, usually its one sound when plugged in and one when plugges out but when plugged in it gve me a weirde double sound and TI-connect also didnt recognize my device either
    i need help
    thanks for all readers

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: TI-84 plus is not recognized as a device by ti-connect

hushus; Hi ! Welcome to the forum.

A quick search on google indicates the program ti-connect is compiled for windows and mac ..not available for linux(ubuntu).

There are a number of similar programs available in the repositories, may I suggest that you look and see what will meet your needs.

If any additional assistance in finding and installing a package is needed -> ask.

just try'n to help <== BDQ

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Based on the OP's mention of the different sounds that play when they plug in a device, I'd say the OP is using Windows. At least, I've never had Ubuntu make any noises when I plug in USB devices.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

There is that thought. Clarification would be nice.

Beans

Hello thank you alot for your answer but the problem is i think that theres a problem wihin the cable itself or the computer because i have the correct sotware for windows(7) so that should be excluded as a problem,......
    thx