Thread: nm-applet crash trying out Ubuntu 12.10

Beans
    Hidden!

Unhappy nm-applet crash trying out Ubuntu 12.10

Hi everyone!
    I'm trying to do a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.10 64bit. I decided to use the "Try Ubuntu" option first, just to make sure everything works and to connect to the wifi network before installing. I can't manage to connect to the network though and keep getting error messages telling me that nm-applet, geoclue-master, mission-control-5 and nmcli have crashed; all with signal 7 in NSS_NoDB_Init(). Needless to say, I am now rather reluctant to proceed with the installation as I do not want to end up with no Internet access (or worse).

I have checked the usb key I'm booting off (and the disk image I downloaded) for errors, but there don't seem to be any. I know that Ubuntu does run on this machine, I currently have Ubuntu 11.04 installed and before that iI was running 10.04.

Does anybody know how I can fix this? I'm going to try the 32bit version next, but I'd really rather use the 64bit version.

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: nm-applet crash trying out Ubuntu 12.10

Well, the 32bit version seems to work. Going to try downloading the 64bit version again and try it one more time.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: nm-applet crash trying out Ubuntu 12.10

Well now I feel like a complete idiot!

It turns out the iso was corrupted after all. I was checking the wrong iso against the wrong md5sum. I guess that's the danger of keeping old isos lying around.

Now I can get on with installing my shiny new Ubuntu!