Thread: MTP on Galaxy Nexus

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

MTP on Galaxy Nexus

Hi, I'm trying to transfer music over to my galaxy nexus in rhythmbox under ubuntu 12.10. I get this error every time:
    "Unable to send file to MTP device: PTP Layer error 02fe: get_storage_freespace(): could not get storage info."

It didn't work under 12.04 either.

Does anyone know the solution to this?

Thanks,
    Alec

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: MTP on Galaxy Nexus

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0", and the best way I have found to transfer files does not work through USB, but by way of a wireless router, Filezilla on the host computer and Rapfox FTP Server app on the Galaxy. The procedure is outlined on this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2082437 bottom of page 2

Beans
    Distro

An alternative method, outlined here: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/12/h...or-file-access
    Last edited by cwsnyder; November 26th, 2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: source of alternative method

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

I'm not sure this is a solution for the same problem that I'm having. I can mount the device just fine via MTP, and list files. I just can't write to or read from it. Installing an FTP server on my phone sounds like a very contrived way of doing it, and not very secure. Do you know of any other solutions?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro

Security: Your router must block the FTP port from outside access while allowing access from other users on the same network.

The only other method I have found which works for general files, like ebooks, was to transfer them to a microSD card which was then plugged in to my Samsung Galaxy Tab. This won't work if you have no microSD expansion slot.