Thread: Video problems maybe after installing Netflix for Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Video problems maybe after installing Netflix for Ubuntu.

Last week Wednesday when I went to reboot my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1521 running 12.10 Ubuntu), it would not go into high resolution. In low resolution I didn't have a dash or upper task bar. In otherwise having a desktop, but couldn't do anything. I could go into the classic mode but not Unity. I tried everything I could think of to get back to high resolution with Unity desktop but finely just did a re-install but that didn't do it either. I ended up doing a clean install to get everything back. I was getting ready to leave on a trip so I didn't have much time to do much more digging into the problem. The only thing I can think of that might have cause this problem was the fact that I followed the steps found at this link. http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/11/h...flix-on-ubuntu which installed Netflix on Ubuntu. It never did work for me. It kept coming up with an error loading silverlight video player.
    Sliverlight.png
    The reason I am posting this is to find out if anyone else try Netflix on Ubuntu, and if they had this kind of problem? If not they I will try it again. I will give this post a few days to see if there were others out here having this problem.
    Information on my Main laptop. Information on my small laptop Dell 11 3000
    Using a Asus 3632QM laptop with 8gig RAM, 250 SSD.
    Machine Registered 366271, 366273, 366275.
    Registered Ubuntu user number 18630. Registered Linux user number 458093.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Video problems maybe after installing Netflix for Ubuntu.

I thought I would give this one a little bump to see if there is anyone out here having any problems with Netflix.
    Information on my Main laptop. Information on my small laptop Dell 11 3000
    Using a Asus 3632QM laptop with 8gig RAM, 250 SSD.
    Machine Registered 366271, 366273, 366275.
    Registered Ubuntu user number 18630. Registered Linux user number 458093.