Thread: Rogue item in 'Sound & Video' applications

Beans

Rogue item in 'Sound & Video' applications

After upgrading to 12.10 have Alevt in the applications list. It doesn't do anything so not really important but annoying me. I have Googled it and apparently it is a Teletext reader for digital TV and associated with DVB tv reception. I have uninstalled it, purged it, 'Bleach bitted' it ... and uninstalled DVB, all to no avail. It is not possible to right click and delete items from the application list so how can I get rid of it? Even though unimportant it indicates some lack of understanding on my part so I'd like to know why it is there and if it is necessary. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    Paul
    PS ... should have added that I'm using Lubuntu
    Last edited by ixusubunt; November 25th, 2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Added OS details

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Rogue item in 'Sound & Video' applications

The application though in synaptic is not installed on my Ubuntu installation, but may be a installed with Lubuntu. If it appears in the application menu you will have to edit the menu and instructions are available for that with a search.

There is a main/edit menu application available for Lubuntu if not included,but it needs to be compiled. http://netgator.blogspot.com/2012/09...n-lxde-or.html
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

Re: Rogue item in 'Sound & Video' applications

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I installed Menulibre and used it to hide Alevt from the menu. (Tried Lxmed but the installation looked too complicated!)