Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: was given an infraction when none was warented

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Exclamation was given an infraction when none was warented

i was given an infraction for insulting a member when in fact i was the one insulted and was mearly defending myself. i need this infraction reversed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: was given an infraction when none was warented

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Beans

The infraction issued was appropriate. I am also going to issue an infraction for insulting private message sent to a staff member.

Code of conduct references...

"Users agree not to post anything abusive, rude, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, advertising or marketing related, or sexually-oriented. Material that suggests illegal activity or contains illegal content is also forbidden.

"Trolling, Attacks and Flaming: These are always forbidden.
    Trolling is posting in a way that provokes emotional responses.
    Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome. This includes references to other operating systems and the companies that produce them.
    Flames are messages that personally attack or call any people names or otherwise harass. These, along with any generally condescending posts will be edited or removed at the moderators discretion.
    If a thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion, as in trolling), it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait comments in a post may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion.
    If the thread turns into an argument, it can be closed to further comment or removed without notice. Sometimes a moderator may split the thread or delete certain portions in order to keep the discussion going, but that is not always possible since we are a staff of volunteers with limited time and numbers."
    Last edited by KiwiNZ; November 26th, 2012 at 08:04 AM.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro

Exclamation Re: was given an infraction when none was warented

what??? how did i try to get an infraction removed that was unwarranted, and i get another for insulting a staff member when i never did either of those things?

these need to be removed i do not deserve this! this is abuse of power plain and simple!!!

watch i'm probably going to get another infraction for this who is at the top i wish to talk to the top admin, this is just wrong

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

You got the first infraction for your post in a thread, that regardless of your explanation, was seen as insulting.

You got the second infraction for the insulting tone of the PM you sent staff.

Both are valid in my opinion.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by spook1980 View Post
    what??? how did i try to get an infraction removed that was unwarranted, and i get another for insulting a staff member when i never did either of those things?

these need to be removed i do not deserve this! this is abuse of power plain and simple!!!

watch i'm probably going to get another infraction for this who is at the top i wish to talk to the top admin, this is just wrong
    I strongly suggest you read again the Forum Code of conduct and think about it,s meaning and relate it to the offending posts and
    private messages you have sent.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I strongly suggest you read again the Forum Code of conduct and think about it,s meaning and relate it to the offending posts and
    private messages you have sent.
    i have, and anyone can see that these infractions are not warented and need to be removed. stop abusing your power and remove these infractions

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by spook1980 View Post
    i have, and anyone can see that these infractions are not warented and need to be removed. stop abusing your power and remove these infractions
    You have seen several staff members and several Forum Council/Administrators consider this, the infractions will stand.

Beans

I will add there has been no abuse of power by any staff member, actions are authorised by the Code of conduct

"Finally, you agree that forum staff have the right to remove, edit, move or close any post, topic or thread at any time they see fit following the guidelines outlined below. You agree that the staff of this forum have the right to send a private message with a warning and/or censor any forum user who is in violation of forum policy."

"Trolling, Attacks and Flaming:
    These are always forbidden.
    Trolling is posting in a way that provokes emotional responses.
    Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome. This includes references to other operating systems and the companies that produce them.
    Flames are messages that personally attack or call any people names or otherwise harass. These, along with any generally condescending posts will be edited or removed at the moderators discretion.
    If a thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion, as in trolling), it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait comments in a post may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion.
    If the thread turns into an argument, it can be closed to further comment or removed without notice. Sometimes a moderator may split the thread or delete certain portions in order to keep the discussion going, but that is not always possible since we are a staff of volunteers with limited time and numbers."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast