Thread: gathering knowledge about ubuntu

Beans

Post gathering knowledge about ubuntu

Dear friends, I have a laptop named HP pavilion G6 with Intel core I3 processor and radeon graphics. as it is shown on the cover..Now i want a dual boot system so that i can use my previous winodws 7 and my dream operating system Ubuntu..with full feature like sound, graphics, WiFi. Is it possible ??? Actually the main thing is we are very much used to in windows platforms that's why a panic is always running in mind that after installing Ubuntu may be my computer doesn't function like before but i want to come out of this panic and try to taste the different platform. By the way what is the differences and benefits i will get from this Ubuntu which i am not able find in windows 7, please help me in details..i am a totally new comer to Ubuntu. if possible give a best tutorial site of ubutu so that i can develop myself about Ubuntu . I can perform install , partition, recovery, troubleshooting, in windows platform. thanks everyone!!! may be i am not a good writer but please have a look at my request .
    Last edited by oldos2er; November 25th, 2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Please use the default font

Beans

Re: gathering knowledge about ubuntu

I recommend you burn a Live DVD or Live USB of Ubuntu and test drive it (without installing) for 1 week to evaluate whether it will work on your hardware and whether it will meet your needs.

Beans

Post Re: gathering knowledge about ubuntu

thanks for reply snowpine. But how can i make a proper and right live usband and run without installing it and how do i know which version will be appropriate for my laptop ?? driver problem also incleded. please can you tell me details or any real tutorial site address.

Beans

Beans

Smile Re: gathering knowledge about ubuntu

Thanks again my friend !! i am exploring to get find something new.