Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google Music-Manager issue after 12.10 upgrade

Beans

Smile Re: Google Music-Manager issue after 12.10 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by notthenewsreader View Post
    Right, same problem but I think I have a fix - uninstall the music manager. Go into ~/.config and delete the google-music-manager directory then install the package all over again, when the first run wizard begins, click upload and choose an empty directory, go through all the error messages (less than 10 files found, etc) and then once that it done and the icon is in the tray, clicking on it should work. Let me know if this works for you. Regards
    Works for me, too. Thanks!!

Beans

Question Re: Google Music-Manager issue after 12.10 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by sirgeekalot View Post
    i have just tried this method and con confirm that, For me, it worked and i can now upload to google music again..

i removed with Purge, removed the files from .config folder and reinstalled.

Thanks for the help matey..
    Is there a walk through that will tell me how to "go into ~/.config and delete the files"? I'm still pretty new at terminal commands. I figured out how to use the purge command to remove it but I don't know what ~/.config is or how to get to it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Beans

Re: Google Music-Manager issue after 12.10 upgrade

Just go to your Home folder and press ctrl + h to show hidden folder. .config is in there. Basically . before a folder name means its hidden.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by notthenewsreader View Post
    Right, same problem but I think I have a fix - uninstall the music manager. Go into ~/.config and delete the google-music-manager directory then install the package all over again, when the first run wizard begins, click upload and choose an empty directory, go through all the error messages (less than 10 files found, etc) and then once that it done and the icon is in the tray, clicking on it should work. Let me know if this works for you. Regards

Awesome work dude!! Works well for 13.04/Gnome Shell 3.6, too!!
    Windows free since '09 - never looked back!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by it_self View Post
    Very similar problem. Clean install of 12.10 (with Unity). I'm not uploading though, just downloading my library to the new computer. Checking network traffic and the size of my music folder seems to indicate that it is, in fact, working as needed, except I can't access options either (I click it and there is no response). Haven't tried install from PPA yet. Will try that as soon as the download finishes.
    I was having the exact same prob as well in 13.04, but I followed the workaround supplied by notthenewsreader, and made an empty folder called 'gMusic' and pointed my uploads there. Followed the rest of the questions to the end. The icon settled into the tray, and viola! Right click over options actually worked this time!

So it would seem that even if you have no interest in uploading, you HAVE to set up these options on the first run in order to use the app again.

BTW... your upload folder is the same as your download folder by default.

Cheers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mdye View Post
    I'm having this issue as well and, all due respect to those who propose this workaround (which is better than nothing), deleting the config files really isn't a solution - certainly not a long-term one - since doing so only really starts the process over again. I delete my config file and it will just let me start syncing over once - what I really want to do is download new songs I've recently purchased and I'd like to be able to open the app, go to settings, and ask it to download again when that happens - not delete the config file, log in and have it download the entire library (or even just my purchased music) when all I really want is to download one album. Does anyone know what the problem is and what's causing music manager to not work? I've encountered this in every DE there is - including Unity, GNOME and KDE. It's discouraging.
    Removing the .config is only a once-off to enable you to get into the first-time set up so you can get the app to behave itself from there on in.

The manager app simply isn't set up to download one song at a time, from what I can see, atm. However, you can do exactly that via the web store itself. I would think that future versions of this app will probably include a 'select a song' for download option.

Beans

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks for the fix - worked perfectly for me on 64 bit 13.04

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I am using Xubuntu 13.10 and I deleted the folder in .config, then ran the program again and it all worked well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123