Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70

Thread: Unity faster than normal?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    4,544
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Turbo Unity?!!

    Oh my... Just try it without LightDM involved, i.e with startx... Even faster and snappier... Nice!
    Ignota nulla curatio morbi.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    9,178
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Turbo Unity?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    Oh my... Just try it without LightDM involved, i.e with startx... Even faster and snappier... Nice!

    I am not familiar with this starting technique. Could you put up the commands for this?

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards
    This is not Convergence, This is now Gnome
    Ubuntu Development Version Testing Blog Remarks
    Running 16.04 on Mobo: MSI model: B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850) v: 1.0

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    4,544
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Turbo Unity?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    I am not familiar with this starting technique. Could you put up the commands for this?

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards
    Just make:
    Code:
    :~$ cat ~/.Xsession 
    exec /usr/bin/unity
    and apply
    Code:
    startx
    in any tty* after stopping LightDM or any other DM...
    Ignota nulla curatio morbi.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    9,178
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Turbo Unity?!!

    I missed somthing here.

    Code:
    ventrical@ventrical-PY028AA-ABA-A1106N:~$ cat ~/ .Xsession
    cat: /home/ventrical/: Is a directory
    cat: .Xsession: No such file or directory
    ventrical@ventrical-PY028AA-ABA-A1106N:~$ cat ~/.Xsession
    cat: /home/ventrical/.Xsession: No such file or directory
    ventrical@ventrical-PY028AA-ABA-A1106N:~$ cat ~/.Xsession 
    cat: /home/ventrical/.Xsession: No such file or directory
    ventrical@ventrical-PY028AA-ABA-A1106N:~$ exec /usr/bin/unity
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: core
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: core
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: ccp
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: ccp
    compizconfig - Info: Backend     : gsettings
    compizconfig - Info: Integration : true
    compizconfig - Info: Profile     : unity
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: composite
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: composite
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: opengl
    compiz (core) - Info: Unity is not supported by your hardware. Enabling software rendering instead (slow).
    compiz (core) - Info: Unity is not supported by your hardware. Enabling software rendering instead (slow).
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: opengl
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: compiztoolbox
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: compiztoolbox
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: decor
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: decor
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: place
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: place
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: vpswitch
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: vpswitch
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: grid
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: grid
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: gnomecompat
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: gnomecompat
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: imgpng
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: imgpng
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: mousepoll
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: mousepoll
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: session
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: session
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: regex
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: regex
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: resize
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: resize
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: move
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: move
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: animation
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: animation
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: fade
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: fade
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: cube
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: cube
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: workarounds
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: workarounds
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: rotate
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: rotate
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: expo
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: expo
    compiz (expo) - Warn: failed to bind image to texture
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: scale
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: scale
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: ezoom
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: ezoom
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: unityshell
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unityshell
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:40 unity.libindicator <unknown>:0 Desktop file '/usr/share/applications/libreoffice-writer.desktop' is using a deprecated format for its actions that will be dropped soon.
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:40 unity.libindicator <unknown>:0 Desktop file '/usr/share/applications/libreoffice-calc.desktop' is using a deprecated format for its actions that will be dropped soon.
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:40 unity.libindicator <unknown>:0 Desktop file '/usr/share/applications/libreoffice-impress.desktop' is using a deprecated format for its actions that will be dropped soon.
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:41 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:44 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:44 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:44 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    This is not Convergence, This is now Gnome
    Ubuntu Development Version Testing Blog Remarks
    Running 16.04 on Mobo: MSI model: B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850) v: 1.0

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    4,544
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Turbo Unity?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    I missed somthing here.

    Code:
    ventrical@ventrical-PY028AA-ABA-A1106N:~$ cat ~/ .Xsession
    cat: /home/ventrical/: Is a directory
    cat: .Xsession: No such file or directory
    ventrical@ventrical-PY028AA-ABA-A1106N:~$ cat ~/.Xsession
    cat: /home/ventrical/.Xsession: No such file or directory
    ventrical@ventrical-PY028AA-ABA-A1106N:~$ cat ~/.Xsession 
    cat: /home/ventrical/.Xsession: No such file or directory
    ventrical@ventrical-PY028AA-ABA-A1106N:~$ exec /usr/bin/unity
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: core
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: core
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: ccp
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: ccp
    compizconfig - Info: Backend     : gsettings
    compizconfig - Info: Integration : true
    compizconfig - Info: Profile     : unity
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: composite
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: composite
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: opengl
    compiz (core) - Info: Unity is not supported by your hardware. Enabling software rendering instead (slow).
    compiz (core) - Info: Unity is not supported by your hardware. Enabling software rendering instead (slow).
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: opengl
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: compiztoolbox
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: compiztoolbox
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: decor
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: decor
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: place
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: place
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: vpswitch
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: vpswitch
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: grid
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: grid
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: gnomecompat
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: gnomecompat
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: imgpng
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: imgpng
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: mousepoll
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: mousepoll
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: session
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: session
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: regex
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: regex
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: resize
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: resize
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: move
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: move
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: animation
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: animation
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: fade
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: fade
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: cube
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: cube
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: workarounds
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: workarounds
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: rotate
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: rotate
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: expo
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: expo
    compiz (expo) - Warn: failed to bind image to texture
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: scale
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: scale
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: ezoom
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: ezoom
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: unityshell
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unityshell
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:40 unity.libindicator <unknown>:0 Desktop file '/usr/share/applications/libreoffice-writer.desktop' is using a deprecated format for its actions that will be dropped soon.
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:40 unity.libindicator <unknown>:0 Desktop file '/usr/share/applications/libreoffice-calc.desktop' is using a deprecated format for its actions that will be dropped soon.
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:40 unity.libindicator <unknown>:0 Desktop file '/usr/share/applications/libreoffice-impress.desktop' is using a deprecated format for its actions that will be dropped soon.
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:41 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:43 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:44 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:44 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    WARN  2012-11-23 17:12:44 unity <unknown>:0 Failed to fetch boolean: No such interface `org.ayatana.bamf.view' on object at path /org/ayatana/bamf/window56623110
    Just make a file that gives (when made) that output with cat...
    Or
    Code:
    echo "exec /usr/bin/unity" > ~/.Xsession
    Ignota nulla curatio morbi.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    9,178
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Turbo Unity?!!

    Connection refused .. and I keep getting this..

    Code:
    [   455.187] 
    X.Org X Server 1.13.0
    Release Date: 2012-09-05
    [   455.187] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
    [   455.187] Build Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-32-generic x86_64 Ubuntu
    [   455.187] Current Operating System: Linux ventrical-PY028AA-ABA-A1106N 3.7.0-3-generic #9-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 20 22:38:45 UTC 2012 x86_64
    [   455.187] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.7.0-3-generic root=UUID=811f56e4-a72e-45f1-bbfd-606ef0f5d514 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
    [   455.187] Build Date: 19 November 2012  10:27:57AM
    [   455.188] xorg-server 2:1.13.0-0ubuntu8 (For technical support please see http://www.ubuntu.com/support) 
    [   455.188] Current version of pixman: 0.26.0
    [   455.188]     Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.
    [   455.188] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    [   455.188] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.1.log", Time: Sat Nov 24 04:39:28 2012
    [   455.189] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
    [   455.189] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
    [   455.189] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
    [   455.189] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
    [   455.189] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
    [   455.189] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
        Using a default monitor configuration.
    [   455.189] (==) Automatically adding devices
    [   455.189] (==) Automatically enabling devices
    [   455.189] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
    [   455.189] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
    [   455.189]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [   455.189] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/" does not exist.
    [   455.189]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [   455.190] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/" does not exist.
    [   455.190]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [   455.190] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi" does not exist.
    [   455.190]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [   455.190] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi" does not exist.
    [   455.190]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [   455.190] (WW) The directory "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType" does not exist.
    [   455.190]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [   455.190] (==) FontPath set to:
        /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,
        /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,
        built-ins
    [   455.190] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xorg/extra-modules,/usr/lib/xorg/extra-modules,/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
    [   455.190] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
        If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
    [   455.190] (II) Loader magic: 0x7fb33df29c40
    [   455.190] (II) Module ABI versions:
    [   455.190]     X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
    [   455.190]     X.Org Video Driver: 13.0
    [   455.190]     X.Org XInput driver : 18.0
    [   455.190]     X.Org Server Extension : 7.0
    [   455.190] (II) config/udev: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
    [   455.190] setversion 1.4 failed
    [   455.192] (--) PCI:*(0:0:2:0) 8086:2582:103c:2a08 rev 4, Mem @ 0xcfe80000/524288, 0xd0000000/268435456, 0xcfe40000/262144, I/O @ 0x0000b800/8
    [   455.193] (II) Open ACPI successful (/var/run/acpid.socket)
    [   455.193] Initializing built-in extension Generic Event Extension
    [   455.193] Initializing built-in extension SHAPE
    [   455.193] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM
    [   455.194] Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension
    [   455.196] Initializing built-in extension XTEST
    [   455.197] Initializing built-in extension BIG-REQUESTS
    [   455.198] Initializing built-in extension SYNC
    [   455.200] Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
    [   455.201] Initializing built-in extension XC-MISC
    [   455.202] Initializing built-in extension SECURITY
    [   455.203] Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
    [   455.205] Initializing built-in extension XFIXES
    [   455.206] Initializing built-in extension RENDER
    [   455.207] Initializing built-in extension RANDR
    [   455.208] Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE
    [   455.209] Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE
    [   455.210] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    [   455.211] Initializing built-in extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
    [   455.212] Initializing built-in extension RECORD
    [   455.214] Initializing built-in extension DPMS
    [   455.215] Initializing built-in extension X-Resource
    [   455.216] Initializing built-in extension XVideo
    [   455.217] Initializing built-in extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
    [   455.218] Initializing built-in extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
    [   455.219] Initializing built-in extension XFree86-DGA
    [   455.219] Initializing built-in extension XFree86-DRI
    [   455.220] Initializing built-in extension DRI2
    [   455.220] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
    [   455.221] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
    [   455.221] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   455.221]     compiled for 1.13.0, module version = 1.0.0
    [   455.221]     ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 7.0
    [   455.221] (==) AIGLX enabled
    [   455.222] Loading extension GLX
    [   455.222] (==) Matched intel as autoconfigured driver 0
    [   455.222] (==) Matched vesa as autoconfigured driver 1
    [   455.222] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 2
    [   455.222] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 3
    [   455.222] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
    [   455.222] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
    [   455.222] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
    [   455.223] (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   455.223]     compiled for 1.13.0, module version = 2.20.13
    [   455.223]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [   455.223]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 13.0
    [   455.223] (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
    [   455.223] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so
    [   455.223] (II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   455.223]     compiled for 1.12.99.902, module version = 2.3.2
    [   455.223]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [   455.223]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 13.0
    [   455.223] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
    [   455.223] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
    [   455.224] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   455.224]     compiled for 1.13.0, module version = 0.5.0
    [   455.224]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [   455.224]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 13.0
    [   455.224] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
    [   455.224] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
    [   455.224] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   455.224]     compiled for 1.12.99.902, module version = 0.4.3
    [   455.224]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [   455.224]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 13.0
    [   455.224] (II) intel: Driver for Intel Integrated Graphics Chipsets: i810,
        i810-dc100, i810e, i815, i830M, 845G, 854, 852GM/855GM, 865G, 915G,
        E7221 (i915), 915GM, 945G, 945GM, 945GME, Pineview GM, Pineview G,
        965G, G35, 965Q, 946GZ, 965GM, 965GME/GLE, G33, Q35, Q33, GM45,
        4 Series, G45/G43, Q45/Q43, G41, B43, B43, Clarkdale, Arrandale,
        Sandybridge Desktop (GT1), Sandybridge Desktop (GT2),
        Sandybridge Desktop (GT2+), Sandybridge Mobile (GT1),
        Sandybridge Mobile (GT2), Sandybridge Mobile (GT2+),
        Sandybridge Server, Ivybridge Mobile (GT1), Ivybridge Mobile (GT2),
        Ivybridge Desktop (GT1), Ivybridge Desktop (GT2), Ivybridge Server,
        Ivybridge Server (GT2), Haswell Desktop (GT1), Haswell Desktop (GT2),
        Haswell Desktop (GT2+), Haswell Mobile (GT1), Haswell Mobile (GT2),
        Haswell Mobile (GT2+), Haswell Server (GT1), Haswell Server (GT2),
        Haswell Server (GT2+), Haswell SDV Desktop (GT1),
        Haswell SDV Desktop (GT2), Haswell SDV Desktop (GT2+),
        Haswell SDV Mobile (GT1), Haswell SDV Mobile (GT2),
        Haswell SDV Mobile (GT2+), Haswell SDV Server (GT1),
        Haswell SDV Server (GT2), Haswell SDV Server (GT2+),
        Haswell ULT Desktop (GT1), Haswell ULT Desktop (GT2),
        Haswell ULT Desktop (GT2+), Haswell ULT Mobile (GT1),
        Haswell ULT Mobile (GT2), Haswell ULT Mobile (GT2+),
        Haswell ULT Server (GT1), Haswell ULT Server (GT2),
        Haswell ULT Server (GT2+), Haswell CRW Desktop (GT1),
        Haswell CRW Desktop (GT2), Haswell CRW Desktop (GT2+),
        Haswell CRW Mobile (GT1), Haswell CRW Mobile (GT2),
        Haswell CRW Mobile (GT2+), Haswell CRW Server (GT1),
        Haswell CRW Server (GT2), Haswell CRW Server (GT2+),
        ValleyView PO board
    [   455.225] (II) VESA: driver for VESA chipsets: vesa
    [   455.225] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
    [   455.225] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
    [   455.225] (--) using VT number 8
    
    [   455.229] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
    [   455.229] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for modesetting
    [   455.229] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
    [   455.229] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
    [   455.229] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
    [   455.229] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
    [   455.230] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   455.230]     compiled for 1.13.0, module version = 0.0.2
    [   455.230]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 13.0
    [   455.230] (EE) intel(0): [drm] failed to set drm interface version.
    [   455.230] (EE) intel(0): Failed to become DRM master.
    [   455.230] (II) UnloadModule: "intel"
    [   455.230] (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
    [   455.230] 
    Fatal server error:
    [   455.230] no screens found
    [   455.230] (EE) 
    Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support 
         at http://wiki.x.org
     for help. 
    [   455.230] (EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.1.log" for additional information.
    [   455.230] (EE) 
    [   455.244] Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
    *edit* doh!! No screens found! .. could it be that this will not work because I have a KVM switcher?
    This is not Convergence, This is now Gnome
    Ubuntu Development Version Testing Blog Remarks
    Running 16.04 on Mobo: MSI model: B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850) v: 1.0

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    4,544
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Turbo Unity?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Connection refused .. and I keep getting this..

    Code:
    [   455.187] 
    X.Org X Server 1.13.0
    Release Date: 2012-09-05
    [   455.187] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
    [   455.187] Build Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-32-generic x86_64 Ubuntu
    [   455.187] Current Operating System: Linux ventrical-PY028AA-ABA-A1106N 3.7.0-3-generic #9-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 20 22:38:45 UTC 2012 x86_64
    [   455.187] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.7.0-3-generic root=UUID=811f56e4-a72e-45f1-bbfd-606ef0f5d514 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
    [   455.187] Build Date: 19 November 2012  10:27:57AM
    [   455.188] xorg-server 2:1.13.0-0ubuntu8 (For technical support please see http://www.ubuntu.com/support) 
    [   455.188] Current version of pixman: 0.26.0
    [   455.188]     Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.
    [   455.188] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    [   455.188] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.1.log", Time: Sat Nov 24 04:39:28 2012
    [   455.189] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
    [   455.189] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
    [   455.189] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
    [   455.189] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
    [   455.189] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
    [   455.189] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
        Using a default monitor configuration.
    [   455.189] (==) Automatically adding devices
    [   455.189] (==) Automatically enabling devices
    [   455.189] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
    [   455.189] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
    [   455.189]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [   455.189] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/" does not exist.
    [   455.189]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [   455.190] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/" does not exist.
    [   455.190]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [   455.190] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi" does not exist.
    [   455.190]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [   455.190] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi" does not exist.
    [   455.190]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [   455.190] (WW) The directory "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType" does not exist.
    [   455.190]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [   455.190] (==) FontPath set to:
        /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,
        /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,
        built-ins
    [   455.190] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xorg/extra-modules,/usr/lib/xorg/extra-modules,/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
    [   455.190] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
        If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
    [   455.190] (II) Loader magic: 0x7fb33df29c40
    [   455.190] (II) Module ABI versions:
    [   455.190]     X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
    [   455.190]     X.Org Video Driver: 13.0
    [   455.190]     X.Org XInput driver : 18.0
    [   455.190]     X.Org Server Extension : 7.0
    [   455.190] (II) config/udev: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
    [   455.190] setversion 1.4 failed
    [   455.192] (--) PCI:*(0:0:2:0) 8086:2582:103c:2a08 rev 4, Mem @ 0xcfe80000/524288, 0xd0000000/268435456, 0xcfe40000/262144, I/O @ 0x0000b800/8
    [   455.193] (II) Open ACPI successful (/var/run/acpid.socket)
    [   455.193] Initializing built-in extension Generic Event Extension
    [   455.193] Initializing built-in extension SHAPE
    [   455.193] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM
    [   455.194] Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension
    [   455.196] Initializing built-in extension XTEST
    [   455.197] Initializing built-in extension BIG-REQUESTS
    [   455.198] Initializing built-in extension SYNC
    [   455.200] Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
    [   455.201] Initializing built-in extension XC-MISC
    [   455.202] Initializing built-in extension SECURITY
    [   455.203] Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
    [   455.205] Initializing built-in extension XFIXES
    [   455.206] Initializing built-in extension RENDER
    [   455.207] Initializing built-in extension RANDR
    [   455.208] Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE
    [   455.209] Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE
    [   455.210] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    [   455.211] Initializing built-in extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
    [   455.212] Initializing built-in extension RECORD
    [   455.214] Initializing built-in extension DPMS
    [   455.215] Initializing built-in extension X-Resource
    [   455.216] Initializing built-in extension XVideo
    [   455.217] Initializing built-in extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
    [   455.218] Initializing built-in extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
    [   455.219] Initializing built-in extension XFree86-DGA
    [   455.219] Initializing built-in extension XFree86-DRI
    [   455.220] Initializing built-in extension DRI2
    [   455.220] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
    [   455.221] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
    [   455.221] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   455.221]     compiled for 1.13.0, module version = 1.0.0
    [   455.221]     ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 7.0
    [   455.221] (==) AIGLX enabled
    [   455.222] Loading extension GLX
    [   455.222] (==) Matched intel as autoconfigured driver 0
    [   455.222] (==) Matched vesa as autoconfigured driver 1
    [   455.222] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 2
    [   455.222] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 3
    [   455.222] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
    [   455.222] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
    [   455.222] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
    [   455.223] (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   455.223]     compiled for 1.13.0, module version = 2.20.13
    [   455.223]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [   455.223]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 13.0
    [   455.223] (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
    [   455.223] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so
    [   455.223] (II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   455.223]     compiled for 1.12.99.902, module version = 2.3.2
    [   455.223]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [   455.223]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 13.0
    [   455.223] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
    [   455.223] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
    [   455.224] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   455.224]     compiled for 1.13.0, module version = 0.5.0
    [   455.224]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [   455.224]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 13.0
    [   455.224] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
    [   455.224] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
    [   455.224] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   455.224]     compiled for 1.12.99.902, module version = 0.4.3
    [   455.224]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [   455.224]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 13.0
    [   455.224] (II) intel: Driver for Intel Integrated Graphics Chipsets: i810,
        i810-dc100, i810e, i815, i830M, 845G, 854, 852GM/855GM, 865G, 915G,
        E7221 (i915), 915GM, 945G, 945GM, 945GME, Pineview GM, Pineview G,
        965G, G35, 965Q, 946GZ, 965GM, 965GME/GLE, G33, Q35, Q33, GM45,
        4 Series, G45/G43, Q45/Q43, G41, B43, B43, Clarkdale, Arrandale,
        Sandybridge Desktop (GT1), Sandybridge Desktop (GT2),
        Sandybridge Desktop (GT2+), Sandybridge Mobile (GT1),
        Sandybridge Mobile (GT2), Sandybridge Mobile (GT2+),
        Sandybridge Server, Ivybridge Mobile (GT1), Ivybridge Mobile (GT2),
        Ivybridge Desktop (GT1), Ivybridge Desktop (GT2), Ivybridge Server,
        Ivybridge Server (GT2), Haswell Desktop (GT1), Haswell Desktop (GT2),
        Haswell Desktop (GT2+), Haswell Mobile (GT1), Haswell Mobile (GT2),
        Haswell Mobile (GT2+), Haswell Server (GT1), Haswell Server (GT2),
        Haswell Server (GT2+), Haswell SDV Desktop (GT1),
        Haswell SDV Desktop (GT2), Haswell SDV Desktop (GT2+),
        Haswell SDV Mobile (GT1), Haswell SDV Mobile (GT2),
        Haswell SDV Mobile (GT2+), Haswell SDV Server (GT1),
        Haswell SDV Server (GT2), Haswell SDV Server (GT2+),
        Haswell ULT Desktop (GT1), Haswell ULT Desktop (GT2),
        Haswell ULT Desktop (GT2+), Haswell ULT Mobile (GT1),
        Haswell ULT Mobile (GT2), Haswell ULT Mobile (GT2+),
        Haswell ULT Server (GT1), Haswell ULT Server (GT2),
        Haswell ULT Server (GT2+), Haswell CRW Desktop (GT1),
        Haswell CRW Desktop (GT2), Haswell CRW Desktop (GT2+),
        Haswell CRW Mobile (GT1), Haswell CRW Mobile (GT2),
        Haswell CRW Mobile (GT2+), Haswell CRW Server (GT1),
        Haswell CRW Server (GT2), Haswell CRW Server (GT2+),
        ValleyView PO board
    [   455.225] (II) VESA: driver for VESA chipsets: vesa
    [   455.225] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
    [   455.225] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
    [   455.225] (--) using VT number 8
    
    [   455.229] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
    [   455.229] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for modesetting
    [   455.229] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
    [   455.229] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
    [   455.229] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
    [   455.229] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
    [   455.230] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [   455.230]     compiled for 1.13.0, module version = 0.0.2
    [   455.230]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 13.0
    [   455.230] (EE) intel(0): [drm] failed to set drm interface version.
    [   455.230] (EE) intel(0): Failed to become DRM master.
    [   455.230] (II) UnloadModule: "intel"
    [   455.230] (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
    [   455.230] 
    Fatal server error:
    [   455.230] no screens found
    [   455.230] (EE) 
    Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support 
         at http://wiki.x.org
     for help. 
    [   455.230] (EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.1.log" for additional information.
    [   455.230] (EE) 
    [   455.244] Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
    *edit* doh!! No screens found! .. could it be that this will not work because I have a KVM switcher?
    Try with /usr/bin/ck-launch-session instead if exec, but I do not think it would help...
    Code:
    echo "/usr/bin/ck-launch-session /usr/bin/unity" > ~/.Xsession
    Ignota nulla curatio morbi.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    L'Hospitalet de Llobregat
    Beans
    2,100
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Turbo Unity?!!

    I've noticed also an improvement in performance in 12.10 happening with updates sometime during the last 2 weeks, but maybe it's just something related with my graphic card.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    9,178
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Turbo Unity?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    Try with /usr/bin/ck-launch-session instead if exec, but I do not think it would help...
    Code:
    echo "/usr/bin/ck-launch-session /usr/bin/unity" > ~/.Xsession

    Yes !! Thats exactly it ! Thanks zika. I am not sure if Unity is faster but I am impressed with the low percentage of cpu resources being used when using that method.

    Thanks again.

    Regards..

    Ventrical
    This is not Convergence, This is now Gnome
    Ubuntu Development Version Testing Blog Remarks
    Running 16.04 on Mobo: MSI model: B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850) v: 1.0

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Athens/Greece
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Turbo Unity?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Yes !! Thats exactly it ! Thanks zika. I am not sure if Unity is faster but I am impressed with the low percentage of cpu resources being used when using that method.
    Is this for sure ? I mean , is lightdm eats so much ?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •