Thread: last.fm is changing?

Beans

last.fm is changing?

anybody else get an email from last.fm saying their streaming protocol is changing as of Dec 1st?
    will the regular last.fm player in the repos still work?
    will something else work (besides just listening in a browser, i don't like that)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: last.fm is changing?

Been using Vagalume to listen to last.fm and it works fine. Hope they don't mess that up.
    Ubuntu 14.04 64bit Ext4 on a Dell Studio XPS Desktop Intel® Core™ i7-860 2.8GHz, 8GB DDR3 ram and Dual booting: Ubuntu 14.04 64bit Ext4 & 32bit Vista Home Premium, on a Toshiba laptop dual core AMD Turion 64, 2.0 GHz, 4GB ram.

Beans

yeah, i've got vagalume, too - it works fine (for now). streaming from www.last.fm/listen works and all, it just pauses after a while(if left unattended) like pandora, which is a minor irritation. i just really love the way the lastfm player works.
    those nice lastfm devs are probably way ahead of this anyway.
    happy thanksgiving all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by a z View Post
    anybody else get an email from last.fm saying their streaming protocol is changing as of Dec 1st?
    will the regular last.fm player in the repos still work?
    will something else work (besides just listening in a browser, i don't like that)?
    Don't worry, they have a new client in the works, still in beta, although we are still waiting for the linux version to come out; hopefully soon.
    Unfortunately, this beta is unavailable for Linux users. We'll update this page when it's ready.
    Just join the group and keep an eye for any announcements regarding the linux client.

Hope that helps.

Beans

cool, thank you.