Thread: My Ubuntu cannot see my wireless

(Fixed) My Ubuntu cannot see my wireless

I have deleted everything on my laptop today and did an installation of Ubuntu 12.4.
    Previously I had a dual boot of Ubuntu 12.10 and Windows 7 going, I used Windows 7 to delete the Ubuntu Partition (Stupidly) and grub with it. (accidently of course, I'm new to Linux.)
    Anyways, I ended up finding a 12.4 disk my friend gave me and installed it. While installing, it started trying to auto configure my networking, well I just clicked the "do it later" option and kept going. After install, I could not connect to a wireless network, nor could even see that I had wireless abilities.

I plugged into the network and had no internet at all.
    Then went home, (I was at my tech school) and plugged directly into my router.
    That gave me the internet, I installed all updates I could, even additional drivers.
    I have messed with commands I found somewhere on this site and have found out that my wireless is not even popping up at all, like my computer cannot even find it.

I am using an HP Probook 6545b laptop and it has touch buttons above my keyboard, one of them turns wlan off and on, well it is not working.

Fixed it by installing drivers and playing with my console ^_^
    Last edited by NSTStudentGuy; November 30th, 2012 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Fixed it