Thread: Unity showing KDE-style dialogs

Beans

Unity showing KDE-style dialogs

Whenever a dialog box (or certain programs) pop up on my computer, they are always in the KDE style. I was originally running KDE before I switched to Unity, but I made sure that Oxygen-GTK was not in use anywhere. Screenshot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Unity showing KDE-style dialogs

If you don't want anything KDE then delete it. A quick search will provide dozens of posts on how to do this, normally all pointing to one site. Hint: Psychocats.

A quick copy and paste into terminal and jobs a good'n. But I'll let you do the search, I'm not your mummy.

You can always add specific KDE applciations to a default Ubuntu Unity desktop.
    Linux is not windows // Ubuntu (Quantal:12.10) Guide
    Use descriptive thread titles // Linux... is... not... windows // OSX... is... not... Linux

Beans

I was actually planning on keeping KDE and its components installed, but thank you for the exceedingly friendly advice. I have just managed to fix it by myself - I had to manually go into the KDE settings and make sure that everything was set to use Ambiance, even though it wasn't supposed to interfere with Unity (by its own disclaimers).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Yeah?

Good to know it can be fixed so easily. Will help make dual desktops a little easier / less messy.
    Linux is not windows // Ubuntu (Quantal:12.10) Guide
    Use descriptive thread titles // Linux... is... not... windows // OSX... is... not... Linux