Thread: How to unrar files

Beans

How to unrar files

I have a folder that has 13 rar files with the file extensions from .r00 to .r012.

I've installed unrar (free) through Synaptic Package Manager, but when I highlight all the rar files and then right click, extract, it doesn't extract correctly.

Would someone know how to extract this? There is only one video file within all of these files.

Thank you

Beans

Re: How to unrar files

Highlight the files, right click, and select "Open with Archive Manager".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

.r000 r001 etc means its one file chopped into piececs, Winrar in windows joins them as it ectracts it.... I haven't done that in rar in Ubuntu...
    Monitor: LG flatron w1954s 22", mobo: G31-m7 series, CPU: Intel LGA 775 Intel core duo 2 2,66GHZ, RAM: 3GB, GPU: ATI Radeom HD 2400, Storage: 500GB SATA and 80GB IDE, Windows 7 ultimate and Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Double-click only the first file. File Roller will open and click the Extract button. It will automatically find the other parts.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    Double-click only the first file. File Roller will open and click the Extract button. It will automatically find the other parts.
    Thank you, this worked

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by alwayscarmen View Post
    Thank you, this worked
    Please, mark the thread as solved with "thread tools" in the right upper part of the page in order to help others to find easily the information.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Glad to be of help.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.