Thread: unable to install moonlight

Beans

unable to install moonlight

Hello All,
    I was recently trying to install moonlight to be able to access silverlight contents, but with the actual version of ubuntu 12.04 and Chrome Version 23.0.1271.64, i'm unable to install the plugin.
    I also tryed to install it on firefox version 16.0.2 ant it reports that this version is not supported.
    I know that moonlight project is discontinued, altough as far as I know this is the only chance to run silverlight apps on linux.
    Was anyone able to install this or any other solution?

Thanks

Beans

Re: unable to install moonlight

I've been able to install moonlight in both chrome and firefox in ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10. The problem is that after about 2 minutes it is using 100 % CPU. So moonlight will work, but it doesn't seem to work properly. I've had better luck finding what I want to listen to, or watch, via alternate feeds that don't require the moonlight plug-in.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mixwe View Post
    Hello All,
    I was recently trying to install moonlight to be able to access silverlight contents, but with the actual version of ubuntu 12.04 and Chrome Version 23.0.1271.64, i'm unable to install the plugin.
    I also tryed to install it on firefox version 16.0.2 ant it reports that this version is not supported.
    I know that moonlight project is discontinued, altough as far as I know this is the only chance to run silverlight apps on linux.
    Was anyone able to install this or any other solution?

Thanks
    It's dead in the water I'm afraid. I'm dual booting win7 on my lappy to access BSkyB's skygo feature. I don't know how android achieves this though as the skygo app works fine on my samsung.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans

Thanks Philinux,
    I will try this as soon as possible, it's a real good news.