Thread: gwizard version string problem(?)

gwizard version string problem(?)

What is this?

dpkg: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 34936 package 'gwizard.56bbed34ae4ebf4b3593056f8e0b8ea604a1db20. 1':
    error in Version string 'v1': version number does not start with digit

and this?

Reading package lists... Done
    W: GPG error: http://downloads.sourceforge.net all InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY CCC158AFC1289A29

UBUNTU 12.04, Gnome Classic, AMD Dual-core 3800, 4GB RAM
    POSIX

Re: gwizard version string problem(?)

Apparently nobody else knows what these error messages might be.
    POSIX

Guess I can mark this one as SOLVED. No one helped and I couldn't figure it out. It apparently went away when I upgraded from 12.04 to 12.10. Now I have a whole new set of problems to wade through.
    Last edited by arvevans; October 29th, 2012 at 07:16 AM.
    POSIX

Changed this one from SOLVED back to UNSOLVED. The problem has come back again after a couple of days using the new Ubuntu 12.10 release.

Processing triggers for libc-bin ...
    ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
    dpkg: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 37452 package 'gwizard.56bbed34ae4ebf4b3593056f8e0b8ea604a1db20. 1':
    error in Version string 'v1': version number does not start with digit

A bit of research seems to indicate that "gwizard" may be part of a G-code editor for CNC machining tools. Since I do have a CNC milling machine and do use CAD programs on this computer to generate G-Code for driving EMC2 and the mill, this may be where this came from. Now the question is HOW DO I GET RID OF THE VERSION NUMBER ERROR?
    POSIX

Okay...I can now change this back to "SOLVED".

After much research, some trepidation, and a great fear of killing my system...I did "sudo vi /var/lib/dpkg/available" and edited the offending stanza out of dpkg. I have no idea if this was the proper way to do this, but it does seem to have worked. sudo apt0-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade still seem to work properly and nothing appears to be broken.

POSIX