Thread: Shotwell...

Beans

Shotwell...

I'm new here, but I've been using Ubuntu for the last month and I have had my computer "crash" after completely uploading a lot of pictures to my Facebook. I don't know if this was an issue with Shotwell or my computer, but I thought that I would mention it. Also there was an issue with my first attempt with 12.10 where Cheese (the webcam app) crashed my computer. Again I don't know where exactly to put this, so here it is...

Also I installed Conky and followed all of the directions from Noobslabs and it's not showing on my desktop. It did for a few days and then has completely vanished...
    Last edited by havires; October 29th, 2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: general editing...

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Shotwell...

Quote Originally Posted by havires View Post

Also I installed Conky and followed all of the directions from Noobslabs and it's not showing on my desktop. It did for a few days and then has completely vanished...
    Can you find it in applications?

Beans

Unhappy Re: Shotwell...

Shotwell is as useless like a hole in the Head
    I just took some hours to cut some ( a lot of ) Pictures, and because there is nothing like "Save" or so I thought ok then I use Export. After hours of work I wanted to see the result, and all the Pictures looked like the sources. OK Ubuntu is free and so on but the time you spend for useless work can nobody pay for you .
    I am really really angry with Ubuntu ( again )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

There are alternatives. Like pinta or gthumb. And Gimp of course. I dislike shotwell as I've no use for importing anything. My stuff is already organised in folders by date.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

picasa is avaiable for linux, I like it. allows to share to your picasa web account easily. great organization of photos etc etc. I use it on windows also.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Arrow Re: Shotwell...

Quote Originally Posted by philinux View Post
    There are alternatives. Like pinta or gthumb. And Gimp of course. I dislike shotwell as I've no use for importing anything. My stuff is already organised in folders by date.
    Shotwell can import photos without altering your directory structure. Just drag and drop your photos folder into the Shotwell window and select "Import in place."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Arrow Re: Shotwell...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloedes Forum View Post
    Shotwell is as useless like a hole in the Head
    I just took some hours to cut some ( a lot of ) Pictures, and because there is nothing like "Save" or so I thought ok then I use Export. After hours of work I wanted to see the result, and all the Pictures looked like the sources. OK Ubuntu is free and so on but the time you spend for useless work can nobody pay for you .
    I am really really angry with Ubuntu ( again )
    Sorry to hear that. The thing to understand here is that Shotwell is non-destructive; it's intended to never damage your original photos (like iPhoto, Lightroom, etc.)

If you want a copy of the photo with all the edits in place, you have to select one or more photos and do File->Export. Shotwell will then write out the photos to the path you specify.

Note that it will *not* import these photos into the Shotwell database. If you'd like to do this, you can then import the new files by selecting File->Import in Shotwell.