Thread: gthumb import not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

gthumb import not working

Hi there
    on xubuntu 12.04, gthumb does not detect my camera when plugged in.It is loaded by the system, but none of my cameras are seen by gthumb import. It works good on my 10.04 install, although I had to downgrade gthumb for that. I thought that it would have been fixed on 12.04..... Anybody got it to work?
    Th.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: gthumb import not working

Is it only if you attach the camera? What happens if you use a card reader, if you have one?

I always use a reader personally because it is much faster, but also, because I don't import my pics with anything other than nautilus drag and drop, so that I can put them into named sub-folders, rather than dump them all into Pictures or Photos and then have to sort them. I've never found tagging any use to me and prefer to use the folders themselves to arrange things as I want.

Perhaps I'm just a bit of a Luddite?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have not tried a card reader yet. I use gthumb coz it saves my pix by date and that suits me.On my 10.04 install, its fast: plug camera, gthumb import opens up, give the "save to" folder today's date and thats it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

As a follow up I had to reinstall an older version of gthumb, just like I did for 10.04. At least it works now.I find it weird that they include an app thats not working right...
    Th.