Thread: Text Colour Settings in Firefox for kde dark themes make text unreadable

Beans

Text Colour Settings in Firefox for kde dark themes make text unreadable

Hi

I have a rather annoying issue where often the colour of the text in a text box in my browser is as light as the colour of the background of the text box. So for example when I google search the text is light grey and the textbox has a white background.

I have played with a number of the colour settings for the browser and the theme but I haven't been able to sort it out. Any help to sort this out would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Re: Text Colour Settings in Firefox for kde dark themes make text unreadable

Close (exit) all instances of Firefox.
    Go to your profile folder. It is here: /home/your_name/.mozilla/firefox/randomstring.default
    Look for a subfolder called chrome. If it doesn't exist, create it.
    If chrome does exist, look for a file called userContent.css. Otherwise, create an empty file with this name in chrome.
    Now open it with a text editor and paste in this code (adjusted to your taste):
    Code:
    INPUT {color: black !important; background: #aaaaaa !important }
    Save the file (as plain text) and close the editor.
    Restart Firefox. You should now have black text on a gray background.

Notes:
    chrome and userContent.css are case-sensitive and should be spelled correctly.
    The settings here will take precedence over those in the OS theme.
    Users can easily damage their systems by using sudo su if they aren't experienced enough.

Beans

Thank you for your response, your suggestion solves the issue in a number of cases like search bars however the issue persists on websites like facebook. Are there any further things I can do?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Thanduel View Post
    Thank you for your response, your suggestion solves the issue in a number of cases like search bars however the issue persists on websites like facebook. Are there any further things I can do?
    I don't connect to Facebook. If there are other sites not requiring a sign-in, do mention the specific links and perhaps include small images of the troublesome areas.
    Users can easily damage their systems by using sudo su if they aren't experienced enough.

Beans

Change this code
    Code:
    INPUT {color: black !important; background: #aaaaaa !important }
    to this:
    Code:
    INPUT, TEXTAREA {color: black !important; background: #aaaaaa !important }

Beans

Thank you very much that works!