Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii U Launch

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Wii U Launch

This Sunday is the US launch of the new Wii U. I've been waiting for this since they first announced it. Good thing I preordered mine before they quickly sold out. It looks like it's going to be pretty awesome.

Is anyone else here getting one?
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

Re: Wii U Launch

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    Is anyone else here getting one?
    Not unless you're buying

I'm not a console fan but there are a few games like Uncharted etc that are very tempting.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    Not unless you're buying

I'm not a console fan but there are a few games like Uncharted etc that are very tempting.
    Ever since I started playing games on consoles, I've had a lot less headaches with Linux.

The thing I'm liking about the Wii U is that Nintendo is finally getting back to being able to satisfy the hardcore gaming. It looks like it will work out well for party games and hardcore. The videos for Zombi U look pretty awesome for how the Gamepad works with the game.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

I am happy with my PS3 and PS Vita, Nintendo was cool back in the 80's and 90's now they just rehash old games and slap a new number on it. =\ Sony is working on a app for the PS3 that will make the vita act like a Wii U controller no new info other then that at this time.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedturtle View Post
    I am happy with my PS3 and PS Vita, Nintendo was cool back in the 80's and 90's now they just rehash old games and slap a new number on it. =\ Sony is working on a app for the PS3 that will make the vita act like a Wii U controller no new info other then that at this time.
    Sounds like they are rushing to copycat

I eagarly await wii U
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

/me patiently waits for his Ouya to be shipped...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedturtle View Post
    The difference is that there won't be many games that take advantage of it, because the game devs don't want to make games that people without the Vita can buy. On the other hand, about every game created for the Wii U will take advantage of the Gamepad because it's integrated and the main feature. That, plus the fact that Wii U's hardware is newer and better. Also, they're not just only rehashing old games. There is a lot of awesome stuff coming out for the Wii U, including an unprecedented number of 3rd party games.

But I can understand if you already have a PS3 and Vita that you wouldn't want to lay down the cash for another system. But I'm pretty stoked about the possibilities of the Wii U.

Beans

I will for sure get a Wii U sometime within the next year, I just love Nintendo consoles. Though for now, my PS3 and Wii are more than enough to keep me occupied, until some more games come out, and maybe a price drop
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

just read about the TVii feature. Sounds pretty cool.
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans
    Distro

Well, I got my Wii U, and I can say that it doesn't disappoint. Pretty amazing stuff. And even though the Gamepad is big, it is extremely light and comfortable to hold. All of the buttons and analog sticks are just as close of a reach from your thumbs as any other gamepad. The only real difference is that your hands are a little bit farther apart, and it adds some pretty awesome features.

Seeing it in action is a thousand times better than reading about it on paper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast