Thread: Trouble reading CD/DVD

Beans

Trouble reading CD/DVD

Once in a while a CD or DVD is not read by the system for some reason. That is, it does not show up on the home folder window as usual. Is there a way to force Ubuntu to show me what is on the CD that is in the tray? Currently, I have a photo CD made at CVS, for example, that is not being read. There have been other types.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Trouble reading CD/DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydb39 View Post
    Once in a while a CD or DVD is not read by the system for some reason. That is, it does not show up on the home folder window as usual. Is there a way to force Ubuntu to show me what is on the CD that is in the tray? Currently, I have a photo CD made at CVS, for example, that is not being read. There have been other types.
    What version of ubuntu are you using?
    Are those UDF disks?
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

I'm using 12.04. I'm not familiar with the type of disk you cited. Actually, I reseated this photo disk in the tray and it did read this time. But I have had this problem on a couple of occasions before. Maybe I should mark this one solved until it happens again and I can give a better description.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

cd lens cleaner comes to mind
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.