Thread: How to install web apps in Unity

Beans

How to install web apps in Unity

In some sites like Youtube appeared a message in the browser that allowed me to install the web app. But what about others like Google Docs and others, those shown in the following link?

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/07/l...b-apps-feature

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: How to install web apps in Unity

Quote Originally Posted by NBPX View Post
    In some sites like Youtube appeared a message in the browser that allowed me to install the web app. But what about others like Google Docs and others, those shown in the following link?

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/07/l...b-apps-feature

Here you go..

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/07/h...b-apps-feature
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans

Unhappy Re: How to install web apps in Unity

Don't works...

ps.: I'm using Ubuntu 12.10.
    Last edited by NBPX; November 14th, 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by NBPX View Post
    Don't works...

ps.: I'm using Ubuntu 12.10.
    The link is for 12.10. Did you add the repositories? Followed all the instructions carefully?

What did you do between the time you read and used those instructions and finally found it "Don't work?"

Beans
    Distro

I've read of lots of problems with this. You could try Fogger. It should be in the Software Center of 12.10--I know it's in 12.04. It's easy to configure and you can add any web site you want to, not just those in a list.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by critin View Post
    The link is for 12.10. Did you add the repositories? Followed all the instructions carefully?

What did you do between the time you read and used those instructions and finally found it "Don't work?"

I used the command lines, I tried to access some site addresses supported, like Tumblr, Gmail and BBC news with Firefox and Chrome, but nothing happened.

In some sites appeared a popup asking to install, but even accepting, web apps did not appear in the dash and launcher.

I know it's possible because I have the web apps of OMG Ubuntu and Youtube. But others do not work.
    Last edited by NBPX; November 14th, 2012 at 03:56 PM.