Thread: Xbox 360 look-alike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Xbox 360 look-alike

Hello.

I had this idea ok. It was, "what if there was a linux distro that lookes like the xbox 360 operating system."

I would like to know if anything like this exists.
    if there isn't will mod my laptop to accept the xbox hardware.

Please anything will help.

Beans

Re: Xbox 360 look-alike

Impossible. (The hardware mod thing) Unless you buy/make a xbox 360 laptop. Which is basically an xbox taken apart and put into a smaller shell.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

that's what i was going to do. i have a old 360 that i don't use

Beans

Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Moose is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

But what about an XBOX Operating System look alike? This thread interested me but i was dissappointed to see the answers go off-topic to the main question..

Beans

Eh that would be windows 8, as the vnew 360 layout is essentially identical

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyTech View Post
    But what about an XBOX Operating System look alike? This thread interested me but i was dissappointed to see the answers go off-topic to the main question..
    I didn't take it off topic, just didn't believe there was a lookalike OS so I answered the Second part.

Moose is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by MadmanRB View Post
    Eh that would be windows 8, as the vnew 360 layout is essentially identical
    +1. I just updated my Xbox and noticed the similarities. But is there a linux os that looks like the new update? Theres an OS thats supposed to look like XP (Its called XP like). And Windows 8 is a very nice look and i would be surprised if there isn't a linux os that tries to copy the look. Either that or a desktop environement. (I personally hope there would be a desktop environment that looks like W8)

Beans

I dont think there will be a linux answer to metro as its overall hated by anyone who knows that win8 is more for a touchscreen not a traditional interface.
    If linux does do something touchscreen based I imagine it being more like android as seen by the user interfaces of both Unity and Gnome shell as both are very reminiscent of the mobile OS designs of both iOS and Android.
    Hell I am surprised there has not been an effort to make a UI clone of the android interface for linux desktops yet with so many distros looking like OSX and windows all over the place.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MadmanRB View Post
    I dont think there will be a linux answer to metro as its overall hated by anyone who knows that win8 is more for a touchscreen not a traditional interface.
    If linux does do something touchscreen based I imagine it being more like android as seen by the user interfaces of both Unity and Gnome shell as both are very reminiscent of the mobile OS designs of both iOS and Android.
    Hell I am surprised there has not been an effort to make a UI clone of the android interface for linux desktops yet with so many distros looking like OSX and windows all over the place.
    Android X86 has been ported to the PC. But a system designed to be run on mobile phones isn't exactly suited to a keyboard + mouse desktop. The traditional desktop isn't going to disappear in the foreseeable future.