Thread: No wireless in JoliOS 1.2 on ASUS EeePC 1025C

Beans

No wireless in JoliOS 1.2 on ASUS EeePC 1025C

The newest Joli OS is ver. 1.2 and is based on ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

The ASUS EeePC 1025C is a new netbook, and uses the Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter chip on a PCI bus on the motherboard.

Problem: Joli OS works on a wired network connection, but it doesn't see any wireless network.

• any OS based on ubuntu 10.04 LTS does not see any wireless network (eg: ubuntu desktop, lubuntu, easy peasy, Joli OS...)
    • however, in ubuntu 12.04 LTS & derivatives like lubuntu the wireless works fine.
    • in 12.04 LTS lshw -c network says the driver=ath9k & driverversion=3.2.0-29-generic-pae.

So my question is, can I use the information about the driver in 12.04 LTS to make the 10.04 LTS see the ASUS's wireless chip?

Beans

Re: No wireless in JoliOS 1.2 on ASUS EeePC 1025C

Quote Originally Posted by richtathamjr View Post
    The newest Joli OS is ver. 1.2 and is based on ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
    So my question is, can I use the information about the driver in 12.04 LTS to make the 10.04 LTS see the ASUS's wireless chip?
    Please clarify whether your objective is to make 10.04 work or is it Joli OS.

For 10.04, you may try backported modules : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports
    In short, you'll have to add this line at the end of your /etc/apt/sources.list file -
    deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu lucid-backports main restricted universe multiverse
    Once done, do -
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    But I don't know if Joli OS supports Ubuntu repositories or not. So can't say how to implement it there.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

Re: No wireless in JoliOS 1.2 on ASUS EeePC 1025C

Desire is to make Joli OS work. Belief is if I can make 10.04 work I can make Joli OS work also.