Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu 12.10 not booting

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 12.10 not booting

Hey, I have z570 myself, had this issue on 12.04 instalation becouse grub menu was not showing
    http://jacobfogg.blogspot.sk/2012/01...novo-z570.html I only followed this tutorial and It worked

After that I updated my BIOS from Lenovo site and did the clean install of 12.10 without any problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I have no such problem while I tried 12.04. If I remember correctly, only problem I faced was related to Optimus. It was fairly simple to boot from 12.04 CD. :-/

Later I switched to Mint Maya, just for the Interface. I probably will not install 12.10 or Mint 14 in this computer (Which is my primary machine), because Maya is working well and LTS. But I couldn't help myself from testing 12.10. As I said, I was able to boot from USB drive by editing grub.cfg, but I think this will help any others facing same problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Well this is funny situation I have experienced I have been running dual-boot W7 and Ubuntu 12.10 32-bit since early november haven't experienced single problem, but 2 days I downloaded my new Windows 8 Proffesional 64b ISO from DreamSpark and just for curiosity have tried it in VB on Windows 7

After that I decided to go for a Mint 14 64bit version, so I have created myself an USB with image, but I started getting this Secure boot message strange ... but removing those lines from USB made me boot into Live session and get it to install but after installation the grub was corruputed so I had to repair it took some time but works now.

Beans

You are using an EFI enabled bios laptop... The problem is your bios.
    Put in the disc and boot the laptop
    Immediately the screen has backlit before it displays anything keep tapping F2
    Navigate the tabs till you see override boot and select the medium of the ubuntu disc
    This is with the assumption obviously that secure boot is turned off - You can double check that
    Last edited by bodueko; December 30th, 2012 at 01:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12