Thread: HP Pavillion F70 17" Monitor w/ built in Polk Audio speakers - not working. Help?

Beans

Unhappy HP Pavillion F70 17" Monitor w/ built in Polk Audio speakers - not working. Help?

I'm running the latest Ubuntu OS on my ancient brought-back-from-the-dead-many-times-over HP Pavilion Desktop a1340n. It ran Windows XP Media Edition 2005 originally, but over the course of a few years was installed with Vista and finally Windows 7 before I decided to give Linux a try. All other hardware seems to be working fine, as far as things go. I haven't tried the disc drives yet.

I bought this monitor listed in the title specifically for this old desktop. The original monitor is being repurposed as a secondary monitor for my Macbook. I got the "new" monitor at Goodwill, and the picture is great, save for a few scratches and dark spots. This monitor has a base with built-in speakers and a mic jack, with green and pink cables respectively, connected to the base of the monitor so you can connect them to your PC.

I don't think the onboard sound on my old desktop's motherboard works anymore (I should mention that the motherboard has been replaced. ...Yes...this machine has been through the wringer), so I've been using an Envy sound card, which worked fine for the Windows 7 I was running originally. I'm not sure if the problem is with the sound card, the software, or the speakers. Can anyone help me out?

God Bless, and thanks!

~Izzy

Beans

Re: HP Pavillion F70 17" Monitor w/ built in Polk Audio speakers - not working. Help

No one can help?