Thread: Errors building Unity from source (12.10)

Beans

Question Errors building Unity from source (12.10)

I'm trying to build unity from the source code by following the steps provided here: http://unity.ubuntu.com/getinvolved/development/unity/#developing-unity
    However, I keep getting compiling errors. Here's what the error looks like:
    Code:
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp:29:15: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp: In member function ‘void unity::BGHash::TransitionToNewColor(const nux::color::Color&)’:
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp:107:3: error: ‘logger’ was not declared in this scope
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp: In member function ‘nux::color::Color unity::BGHash::MatchColor(const nux::color::Color&) const’:
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp:154:5: error: ‘logger’ was not declared in this scope
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp:161:5: error: ‘logger’ was not declared in this scope
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp:184:3: error: ‘logger’ was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [unity-shared/CMakeFiles/unity-shared.dir/BGHash.cpp.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [unity-shared/CMakeFiles/unity-shared.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    iiquinox@narkotikk:~/code/unity/trunk/build$
    I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 and building Unity from the latest launchpad trunk. I haven't modified any of the source code so it should be building without problems right? Any help as to why I'm getting this error?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Errors building Unity from source (12.10)

Quote Originally Posted by DvKrane View Post
    I'm trying to build unity from the source code by following the steps provided here: http://unity.ubuntu.com/getinvolved/development/unity/#developing-unity
    However, I keep getting compiling errors. Here's what the error looks like:
    Code:
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp:29:15: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp: In member function ‘void unity::BGHash::TransitionToNewColor(const nux::color::Color&)’:
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp:107:3: error: ‘logger’ was not declared in this scope
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp: In member function ‘nux::color::Color unity::BGHash::MatchColor(const nux::color::Color&) const’:
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp:154:5: error: ‘logger’ was not declared in this scope
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp:161:5: error: ‘logger’ was not declared in this scope
    /home/iiquinox/code/unity/trunk/unity-shared/BGHash.cpp:184:3: error: ‘logger’ was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [unity-shared/CMakeFiles/unity-shared.dir/BGHash.cpp.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [unity-shared/CMakeFiles/unity-shared.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    iiquinox@narkotikk:~/code/unity/trunk/build$
    I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 and building Unity from the latest launchpad trunk. I haven't modified any of the source code so it should be building without problems right? Any help as to why I'm getting this error?
    Had same error today, I hope they will fix this soon.