Thread: Uploading Pics to Facebook

Beans

Red face Uploading Pics to Facebook

Hi everyone! I'm having difficulty uploading images to Facebook, it works perfectly fine but, how can i upload pictures to Facebook without clicking on every single file so that i can see the thumbnail at the preview pane? Now in Windows it's not really a problem when you have hundreds of pics to choose from, you just change the list of view whether it's small or large thumbnails you got it, you see all the images and just choose what you like to upload. Now how can i do this with Ubuntu? When i click upload and the open dialog appears, there's no option to change the view list, you have to click one by one to see the picture you like in the preview pane, or you have to memorize the file name, man i can't do this with hundreds of pics to choose from. It's very eye tiring.
    I hope you can help me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Uploading Pics to Facebook

install java, or windows. I never succeeded with either, and resorted to using the bulk upload feature in digikam.

Beans
    Distro

I am having the same problem as the OP...almost. I don't even see a thumbnail of the pictures I click on! When I use the advanced uploader (screenshot attached: facebook uploader.jpg) I get a dialog that is called "select file(s) to upload by s-static.ak.facebook.com" (screenshot attached). This dialog shows no thumbnails, not even on the side pane when I click on them. When I change to using the basic uploader, (screenshot attached: Facebook - Mozilla Firefox.jpg) I get the dialog titled "File Upload" (screenshot attached). In this dialog, I experience what the OP stated: thumbnails of individual pictures on shown to the right upon selecting them. This is better than no thumbnails at all, as with the "select file(s) to upload by s-static.ak.facebook.com" dialog. Really, I just want to be able to see at least one thumbnail when using the advanced uploader, which isn't limited to five files, as is the basic uploader. But it'd be nice to just have both dialogs open as thumbnails. Of course, all nautilus dialogs should be able to switch from list to details to thumbnails views...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

How about using Shotwell Photo Manager?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ringi View Post
    How about using Shotwell Photo Manager?
    this is actually an excellent workaround, and it's what I typically do. Shotwell's integration with facebook is superb, and the yorba folks should be commended for that.

However, the other day I wanted to upload pictures to someone else's facebook...they were here, I have the pics on my camera, they don't have a computer...so doing it here was the easiest thing. I went to do it on facebook.com, and it was really difficult so I ended up logging out of facebook on shotwell and going that route. still, it would be nice to be able to do it via facebook's website

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Is there really a solution? I do not see any thumbnails of the images when trying to upload images. I also cannot create folders through the upload dialog in Firefox under Ubuntu (which I also can do under Windows 7).