Thread: please help me, Mozilla Crash

Beans

please help me, Mozilla Crash

I installed the newest ubuntu on an hp mini110 and it,s everythings working except mozilla every single time i try to open it it crashes, Please help, Im so tired I want to go to bed, I have to get this done before I sleep i installed ubuntu desktop

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: please help me, Mozilla Crash

In a terminal type: firefox

Report the feedback

Have you tested a new .mozilla
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans

omg thanks for such fast response

firefox:2298: WARNING failed to open webapp application path dlr/usr/share/gnome/unity-webapps/userscripts : No such file or directory

and it has some more stuff but i cant type it all,

and now im gettingt sorry, ubuntu 12.10 has experoenced an internal error and it says

/usr/bin/whoopsi

IM SO LOST

Beans
    Distro

Please fellow Ub users don't shoot me down

But @kondiddor
    I would suggest Mint 13 Mate edition for that machine
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans

tell me how i just want an operating system that works and is free, its for my teachers daughter, her laptop messed up, and there broke im crying, i dont understand i just need it to be able to play youtube, and google and email anf flash game

Beans

im downloading an iso of Mint 13 MATE, I pray to got this is a better os for this mini laptop

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by kondiddor View Post
    im downloading an iso of Mint 13 MATE, I pray to got this is a better os for this mini laptop
    Good luck with that. I have to say that I have run Ubuntu (Unity) - 11.10, 12.04 and 12.10 on my HP Mini 110 and it has worked just fine. My guess is that there was something wrong with the configuration for Firefox - I presume you mean Firefox - and a complete re-install of an operating system may not have been necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by carl4926 View Post
    Please fellow Ub users don't shoot me down

But @kondiddor
    I would suggest Mint 13 Mate edition for that machine
    I'm not going to shoot you down, but advising someone to change distros without trying to get to the bottom of the OP's problem seems to be overhasty. That machine is quite capable of running Ubuntu with the Unity desktop.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post

I'm not going to shoot you down, but advising someone to change distros without trying to get to the bottom of the OP's problem seems to be overhasty. That machine is quite capable of running Ubuntu with the Unity desktop.
    I know. Sorry. I agree that possibly .mozilla was corrupt.

I added MO regarding Mint, because of personal experience. My eeepc really doesn't do so good on 12.10, earlier versions are fine.
    But truly, Mint 13 Mate is so quick it's beyond belief.
    I've been with lxde and xfce and they all have different little niggles that prevent me from using them.
    Ubuntu 18.04