Thread: Wireless Projector

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Exclamation Wireless Projector

Hi.

This is the problem.

There are new Epson wireless projector at my job, all the computer that use windows just have to install this program EasyMP Network Projection v2.75 and the computer can connect just like a regular wifi to the projector, but i have not found a way to make my laptop to work with the wireless projectors, i already installe the program with wine but nothing happend, the program did not recognized the projector. I use Linux Mint 12.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; March 17th, 2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: added prefix

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wireless Projector

Moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.
    | AMD Ryzen 1700x 3.4 GHz | ASUS PRIME X370-A | 32 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 |
    | ASUS Nvidia 1070 8 GB | SSD 250 GB | HDD 1 TB |

Check my Desktop for ideas Desktop 1 and Desktop 2
    What Sheldon Cooper thinks of Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I've heard of EasyMP and am familiar with it, however I never noticed that they had a client for Linux. Were you running the client in WINE? (With what version/configuration?)

Sorry I most likely can't be of much help, I just was going to try to kick off the troubleshooting process, and see if it gets anywhere. My local school district uses EasyMP on their WinXP and Win7 machines, I don't know much about its Wine compatibility but as with most applications, it's sort of hit-and-miss. If you get some severe errors, I found (back when I used Wine) that the "winetricks" script can work wonders for compatibility with ActiveX-type applications and .NET. Though I'm not sure if EasyMP uses either of these.

Beans

Hi,

I have the same problem : I need some software like easymp network projector, but I don't know if that software has a client on ubuntu.

If anyone could help, that would mean a lot to me..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

What are you trying to display?
    As an experiment try using VLC to stream a video to the projector and see if it works.