Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: STEAM on Linux BETA

Beans

Re: STEAM on Linux BETA

Quote Originally Posted by Horbo View Post
    Updates won't happen at all will they?

Sounds similar to a problem some people helped me with a few minutes ago: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2096712
    Just had to add the gpg key for steam.

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys F24AEA9FB05498B7

Thank You Horbo. That fixed the Error i was getting in Mint's update manager.

Im still getting the display errors like in the screen shot i posted before

Quote Originally Posted by NotSure23 View Post
    EDIT: this is on an older laptop running the Intel graphics 855GM chipset and a Pentium M 755

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy79 View Post
    i got steam installed and updated I believe but it says flash is missing?

anyone else have this issue? I clicked on the link and installed flash player and it removed flash player installer package but still no flash in steam BUT flash works in chromium still (youtube)

EDIT: i just noticed youtube works BUT sound is stuttering horribly! Looking at flash install now damn it.
    It's a bug that they're aware of - not a lot that can be done about it aside from visiting the relevant page on the Steam site.
    Last edited by Horrid Troll; December 22nd, 2012 at 11:35 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by NotSure23 View Post
    Thank You Horbo. That fixed the Error i was getting in Mint's update manager.

Im still getting the display errors like in the screen shot i posted before
    have you tried a different skin? there's a steam-skin-manager app that may work better for you?
    here: http://www.webupd8.org/2012/12/downl...n-manager.html

Beans

Do you guys play steam games on unity?

It seems like unity has more priority than the running game, and it breaks the game. ( I mean, I can still play the game but the game minimizes and can't be fullscreened again )

This is happens when I get a steam achievement, or I hit super key accidentally, or I use my fn key (volume up volume down etc)

This is quite annoying, but I'm not sure if its only happening to me or a general issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by jeffisabelle View Post
    Do you guys play steam games on unity?

It seems like unity has more priority than the running game, and it breaks the game. ( I mean, I can still play the game but the game minimizes and can't be fullscreened again )

This is happens when I get a steam achievement, or I hit super key accidentally, or I use my fn key (volume up volume down etc)

This is quite annoying, but I'm not sure if its only happening to me or a general issue.
    I get the occasional goof (like if I try and slide my fullscreen game down to another workspace it will minimize and sometimes not slide down) but I've never been able to not find the window again. Using unity
    "You can't expect to hold supreme executive power just because some watery tart lobbed a sword at you"

"Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Well, it works for me. Downloaded the Steam client, and when it worked, I took them up on the free TF2 - and it plays pretty well.
    Only problem is, it wants the latest nVidia drivers, and I can only install the version before the last one, for some reason.
    But for now, it works fine - I hope they get some more games soon.
    It will be interesting to see how serious the Steam folks really are about this.
    I own eight computers.
    Ubuntu, XP, Win98, Win7, even one Mac.
    It's a sickness.

Beans

A decent game like Counterstrike CZ would be nice, and its already opengl.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jso2897 View Post
    Well, it works for me. Downloaded the Steam client, and when it worked, I took them up on the free TF2 - and it plays pretty well.
    Only problem is, it wants the latest nVidia drivers, and I can only install the version before the last one, for some reason.
    But for now, it works fine - I hope they get some more games soon.
    It will be interesting to see how serious the Steam folks really are about this.
    humble bundle 7 has some great games. Shank 2 is awesome! Snapshot seems like it could be fun, just fired it up to make sure it worked, same for Legend of Grimrock.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

long story short, Ubuntu crashed terribly, had to reinstall ubuntu. Installed everything like I always do and now when I attempt to run TF2 I get :

Code:
    Could not find required OpenGL entry point 'glGetError'| Either your video card is unsupported, or your OpenGL driver needs to be updated.
    Using the recent Beta again. Also using the new compiz paa for "better gaming performance."

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/11/c...ance-to-ubuntu
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tjeremiah View Post
    long story short, Ubuntu crashed terribly, had to reinstall ubuntu. Installed everything like I always do and now when I attempt to run TF2 I get :

Code:
    Could not find required OpenGL entry point 'glGetError'| Either your video card is unsupported, or your OpenGL driver needs to be updated.
    Using the recent Beta again. Also using the new compiz paa for "better gaming performance."

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/11/c...ance-to-ubuntu
    i'd say that's your problem then, too bleeding edge IMO. probably hasn't been tested with all hardware and drivers etc. I had to downgrade from the latest nvidia binary 310.19 back to 304.64 because of stability issues.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast