Thread: No Bootable Device Found

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

No Bootable Device Found

Ok, I installed a fresh copy of Ubuntu on a Acer Aspire S7 Ultrabook and deleted everything else. The machine is using UEFI but is capable of using Legacy BIOS too. Now when I boot it says "No bootable device found". The install went fine no errors. Any ideas as to why it won't boot up?
    We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a Spiritual War. Our Great Depression is our lives. - Tyler Durden

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: No Bootable Device Found

None at all, but it is worth clicking on the Boot-info-script link in my signature to use the Boot Info Script courtesy of forum members meierfra & Gert Hulselmans

Paste contents of RESULTS.txt in a New Reply, then highlight entire file and click on # in toolbar (code tags) to make it easier to read.
    Or You can generate the tags first by pressing the # icon in the New Reply Edit toolbar and then paste the contents between the generated [ CODE] paste here [ /CODE] tags.

From V60 the script output has improved formatting and requires code tags to make it legible. New Version is a zip file that you have to extract first to get the .sh to run.

Ubuntu Boot Repair may also be helpful.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 16.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: No Bootable Device Found

Solved. What I had to do what change the bios from UEIF to Legacy, restart, then run my installation of Ubuntu. Do it in this order and it'll run fine.
    We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a Spiritual War. Our Great Depression is our lives. - Tyler Durden