Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: graphical shutdown in command line needed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: graphical shutdown in command line needed

sudo seems to be fussy. Try using the whole path as you have written it in /etc/sudoers when calling shutdown.

Code:
    sudo /sbin/shutdown -k

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Noodén View Post
    sudo seems to be fussy. Try using the whole path as you have written it in /etc/sudoers when calling shutdown.

Code:
    sudo /sbin/shutdown -k
    Everything is the same: pass needed. (A little comment: gentoo works correctly... ...the linux...)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Can you copy and paste the exact rules you have in sudoers?

Beans

Can you copy and paste the exact rules you have in sudoers?
    Code:
    # User alias specification
    User_Alias  SHUTDOWNUSERS = user

# Cmnd alias specification
    Cmnd_Alias  SHUTDOWNCMNDS = /sbin/shutdown, /sbin/reboot, /sbin/halt

# User privilege specification
    root  ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL ## original root
    SHUTDOWNUSERS ALL = NOPASSWD: SHUTDOWNCMNDS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Strange. If I copy and paste that into /etc/sudoers.d/shutdown, then I can run shutdown via sudo without a password. In other words, it works for me. I'm not sure what to suggest.

Beans

Strange. If I copy and paste that into /etc/sudoers.d/shutdown, then I can run shutdown via sudo without a password. In other words, it works for me. I'm not sure what to suggest.
    I have to thank Your help and patience. I run out of this second one by ubuntu. Installing and setting up of Gentoo is really uncomfortable, but that is still linux, not something like windows - I know the solution: upgrade to gentoo.

Thanks for everything.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by madnbri View Post
    I have to thank Your help and patience. I run out of this second one by ubuntu. Installing and setting up of Gentoo is really uncomfortable, but that is still linux, not something like windows - I know the solution: upgrade to gentoo.

Thanks for everything.
    Yeees!

1. When I tried to install gentoo, bootup failed. I didn't know why, but this happened earlier also (because of incorrect driver on liveCD for example - no problem), the solution is using systemrescuecd instead of original gentoo installation iso. That one failed also... Ugh!
    2. There is something really strange. Back to xubuntu installation CD, boots up, trying to backup existing system - failure.
    3. Try to clear all and reinstall: boots up, but cannot create new partition table - bang! The original partition table is confused. Where are my partitions? Nowhere, but there are only two of my originals (/dev/sda1 /dev/sda2) and some extras something like *root* stuff, gear, gadget, etc.
    4. I've dusted a very old Debian installer CD, and created the partitions by fdisk of that.
    5. Back to xubuntu installer CD, and installed a completely new system. Now it works perfect.

I have got a new question than:
    What happened?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12