Thread: Copying XFCE Menu to GNOME Shell/Classic

Beans

Copying XFCE Menu to GNOME Shell/Classic

Hello

I have a customized XFCE menu. How can I easily copy this to be used with GNOME Shell and/or Classic?

Beans

Re: Copying XFCE Menu to GNOME Shell/Classic

Bump

Beans

1. No bumps before 24 h seems to be the polite thing.
    2. Why do you think it should be easy?
    Users can easily damage their systems by using sudo su if they aren't experienced enough.

Beans

You "might" be able to use the xfce panel with Gnome. I haven't tried it myself though. When you're in your Gnome session, try running this in your terminal or startup applications.

Code:
    xfce4-panel
    I don't believe there's a direct way to 'copy' your menu entries from xfce4 to Gnome-{shell,classic}.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 28c64 View Post
    You "might" be able to use the xfce panel with Gnome. I haven't tried it myself though. When you're in your Gnome session, try running this in your terminal or startup applications.

Code:
    xfce4-panel
    I don't believe there's a direct way to 'copy' your menu entries from xfce4 to Gnome-{shell,classic}.

Thank you. I get the top and the bottom panels running under GNOME Shell with that. But the gnome panel overlays the XFCE panel. Although, I may try to run it like this, the ideal way would be converting menu entries from XFCE to Gnome.