Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of keyboard do you use?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: What kind of keyboard do you use?

I have no idea what mine is, but it's white, has extremely deliberate keypress action, and I love it to bits.

Beans
    Hidden!

For my desktop I decided to spoil myself with a mechanical gaming keyboard; This is a whole lot of keyboard!

Beans

I use MSEK 4000. that's my 4th keyboard- they die because of coffee (no, i'm not proud of it).
    If I'd have a money, I'd buy Kinesis Ergonomic Pro with blue cherry switches (i'd have to wait for that)!

Beans
    Hidden!

Usually whatever came with the computer. If I have to replace one, I choose something that feels right when I type, compatible with the computer, and not expensive. With replacement laptop keyboards, there are a lot of options. I also check the laptop keyboard replacement supplier customer reviews.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Laptop keyboard, its sorta styled like Macbook keys (spacing between keys) but its a Toshiba.

On my desktop i like to use mechanical keyboards.
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I like to use wireless and "silent" keyboards, so for the last 2 years I'm using a logitech dinovo set.

Beans

As long it is wireless-to reduce clutter. Also I never use the number pad on the right. For years I had an "Acorn Electron" and got out the habit of using the number pad.

Currently have 2 Logitech K360 's which are pretty good.

Beans

KeyTronic "Ergoforce" and/or Dell AT102W (preferred).

[EDIT]

... Or whatever the machine which I am using has... or a hard glass surface, if on my Nexus 7...
    Last edited by nikonian; November 6th, 2012 at 02:38 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

12 Year old Cyberex keyboard from my first computer. I think it is a mechanical type, not certain but it is nicer to type on than the MS Natural keyboard I used to use but broke.
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution: Dual Boot -Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus with Cinnamon DE and Linux Mint 18 Sarah Cinnamon

Beans

At home I use a Kensington 6435, which has scissor-switch keys like a laptop keyboard and a nice feel. Sadly, it appears to be discontinued.

At the office I use a Logitech K120, a surprisingly good keyboard for the price.
    Last edited by PhilGil; November 6th, 2012 at 04:30 AM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast