Thread: xubuntu Voyager 32bit is released

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

xubuntu Voyager 32bit is released

I recommended it highly for those who enjoy extras such as preinstalled Conky choices, lots of automatically changing wallpapers/screensavers, and the stability of xubuntu 12.10.

Find it by googling xubuntu Voyager.
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: xubuntu Voyager 32bit is released

No clue why this distro's URL is not allowed on these forums???

In any event, once you find the site, use the language option to change from French to English (or whatever your native language is).

My only issue with this Xubuntu "remix" is so much is geared to French. Even some warning and pop-ups appear in French. This seems to be a distro for French speaking persons only. Though it is still more than usable for others if you don't ming the French centric feel of Voyager.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans
    Distro

The url is allowed, I just didn't take the time to get it. It's easy enough to find.
    This seems to be a distro for French speaking persons only.
    Not so. The translator is available for the download site and it installs in any language just as all distributions do. Look at who makes lots of great forks of ubuntu, plenty are from countries other than English speaking ones. China, India, Turkey, etc.

I get no pop-ups in French, did you install it or run live?

Aw now, come on -- this Xubuntu "remix"--

Find a fork that isn't a "remix" of something else.. I love them...
    Last edited by critin; November 5th, 2012 at 06:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro

I ran 12.10 live. I had 12.04 installed for about a month. And even though i chose English, I got several French tooltips and pop-ups.

As far as a Xubuntu "remix", I meant no disrespect. But that's what it is, is it not? Xubuntu with a bunch of customizations. Great customizations, to be honest. But it's heavily based on Xubuntu, uses the repos..thus, remix. Just like all the other Ubuntu based distros. Remix, respin...whatever it is, I do like it.

http://voyager.legtux.org/

Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

Beans
    Distro

Yes, it is xubuntu. That's why it's called Xubuntu Voyager, and that's why it's so stable. IMO So you use 12.04? So did I.

You shouldn't upgrade xubuntu through updater though, only use fresh install of voyager.

I like the looks of conky but can't figure out how to use scrips, so I really appreciate the conky control for dummies--it sold me. I wish someone would do something like that for the repos. so everyone could use it.

The 'lone' developer has done a fantastic job with this. I also have tried and like other forks equally well.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by critin View Post
    ...You shouldn't upgrade xubuntu through updater though, only use fresh install of voyager...
    Indeed. That's all I do are fresh installs. I have all my important files, images, documents and Firefox profile on an external drive as well as Dropbox. Fresh installs are the ONLY way to go, in my opinion.