Thread: Xubuntu 12.04 crashing without crash reports

Beans

Xubuntu 12.04 crashing without crash reports

Hi,

I'm currently using xubuntu 12.04.1 running on a Lenovo G780 2182 - 17.3". Anyway I have been using it for about 2 weeks and in the last few days it has been crashing atleast twice a day...

Crash reports are never generated. I have tried switching to another distro, however Xubuntu is the only one that completely supports my current hardware config.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Xubuntu 12.04 crashing without crash reports

I have been having the same problem for about three weeks now. I will be working for an hour or so, and the system will just freeze. Mouse and Keyboard are useless. Can't even get to a TTY to restart X. I think this is an XFCE issue, as if I run Openbox, it goes all day without a crash.

I am running the latest XFCE, not the one in the repo, so that may have something to do with it.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has a solution, as I don't want to have to use Gnome 3 or Unity.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Xubuntu 12.04 crashing without crash reports

During the times it's running right, go to Settings / Session & Startup / Application Autostart and uncheck anything unnecessary, then restart. Fewer apps starting up might help you narrow down the cause..