Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Touchscreen gateway cx210x configuration

Beans

Re: Touchscreen gateway cx210x configuration

also to answer the battery question, the stylus does have a battery but according to the gateway site the battery is irreplaceable so that leads me to believe that it is charged by placing it in its hole in the side of the laptop, although I guess the darn thing could be dead, am I safe to assume that me touching the screen will have no effect....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Right. It has to be the stylus with a non-dead battery.

I guess I would look at the glue and see if I could slip one of my small Xacto blades up there to cut/pry it out. Still might want to try the heat idea.

Beans

ok, so I will have to explore the battery issue tomorrow....

my only other concern is that the configure program is not recognizing a device to calibrate, so does that mean that my device (the screen) is damaged or would it be giving me that message because the battery is dead???

Beans
    Distro

No that's because the digitizer can't respond with coordinates until it is configured and working. Which hopefully we've partially done with setserial. In other words have it on a serial port, even if we don't have anything yet to handle the raw input coming in over the port.

Unfortunately you only have Ubuntu on your tablet PC so you can't boot into Windows to test the stylus. Not much chance you know someone with the same laptop where the digitizer is working with their stylus so you could check yours on it I suppose.

But at this stage we can't rule out that it has a bad digitizer. Or say the internal serial connection has come loose or some such.

Beans

okay well being that its almost 2 am my time and we are pretty sure we narrowed down the issue, I will work out the battery problem tomorrow and go from there....

I appreciate all your help!!!

Off this subject: during my fiddling with this trying to get it to work I installed a couple programs from the command prompt and can't figure out how to remove them do you know how I could uninstall these??? the programs are engauge-digitizer and ktouch which to me both sounded like things that could fix my problem but in all actuality are no where near what was needed obviously...

Beans
    Distro

Yes. Unless you compiled them APT should have a record of them so you could uninstall them from the command line or use the Software Center or Synaptic Package Manager.

Beans

what would be the code for uninstalling from the command line, I attempted to uninstall from software center but it wouldn't let me but it does have a record.

Beans

nevermind I found synaptic pkg. mgr. and removed them from there..... Thanks again for all you help and if I have any other problems I will be back tomorrow!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123