Thread: howt to install VGA drivers

Beans

howt to install VGA drivers

HI guys i have internal intel VJA card and my motherboard is DG41RQ . i want to know how do i install drivers for it in ubuntu 12.10 am waiting for reply thanks in advance

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: howt to install VJA drivers

i does not know what a vja card is; you probably mean a vga graphic card right ?

With Ubuntu and Linux in general, the drivers are builtin into the kernel and the ubuntu installer directly find and install the good xserver driver. So in your case xserver-xorg-video-intel is used. That it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    i does not know what a vja card is; you probably mean a vga graphic card right ?

With Ubuntu and Linux in general, the drivers are builtin into the kernel and the ubuntu installer directly find and install the good xserver driver. So in your case xserver-xorg-video-intel is used. That it.
    yeah dear i was referring to vja graphic card drivers well u mean my driver is xorg-video-intel so i googled it and get this page please check is thais what you are saying??
    http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html

and if it is so then kindly tell me how to install it am bit confused cuz am new to linux thanks for ur help am much obliged

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

You don't need to install it. Just install Ubuntu and that's it. The drivers are there, in the 'kernel'. Done.