Thread: Battery (not present)

Beans

Battery (not present)

I have an ASUS K55A I bought a few months ago that I recently noticed wasn't charging. The battery status in the menu bar is "Battery (not present)". I'm unsure how long this has been going on for as I have mainly kept the laptop plugged in but it is now down to 0% power and I cannot unplug it or it will completely shut off.

The laptop came with windows 7 but I immediately installed Ubuntu 12.04 64 the day I bought it so I am unsure if it behaved differently with a different OS. I have also since upgraded to 12.10.

I guess it could be a faulty battery but again this thing is only a couple of months old. Here is the EXACT laptop:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Asus-Matte...ption/21002708

Thanks in advance for any help.

Beans

Re: Battery (not present)

Quote Originally Posted by nowashburn View Post
    I have an ASUS K55A I bought a few months ago that I recently noticed wasn't charging. The battery status in the menu bar is "Battery (not present)". I'm unsure how long this has been going on for as I have mainly kept the laptop plugged in but it is now down to 0% power and I cannot unplug it or it will completely shut off.

The laptop came with windows 7 but I immediately installed Ubuntu 12.04 64 the day I bought it so I am unsure if it behaved differently with a different OS. I have also since upgraded to 12.10.

I guess it could be a faulty battery but again this thing is only a couple of months old. Here is the EXACT laptop:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Asus-Matte...ption/21002708

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Well, I ended up performing all types of weird rituals to try and get this thing working... tapped it, smacked it, jiggled it, spun it like a pizza pie, removed the battery five times under the full moon.. and now, it seems to be working! Anyhow, for now, this seems like a hardware issue