Thread: Persistant Issues With wicd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Persistant Issues With wicd

Title says all. Wicd won't always find the network I'm trying to connect to (or any at all). I have to refresh the list several times to get any networks to show up. When I try connecting, it gets stuck at "Validating Authentication", and gives me the "Bad Password" error. All traces of network manager have been eradicated, so there shouldn't be a conflict there. The security type is WPA2-PSK (personal). I am 100% sure that the passphrase I have entered is correct. All other devices on the network can connect without a hitch.

I have a reserved IP address on my router's DHCP server for my computer, and MAC filtering is off. The result of sudo iwlist wlan0 scan yields the following:

Code:
    Interface doesn't support scanning.
    I have tried using two identical wireless cards. I have not tried switching PCI slots. I wouldn't be totally shocked if that worked, since this Abit IS7 motherboard is old, though I doubt it because lspci detects it:

Code:
    02:07.0 Network controller: Ralink corp. RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
    The wireless card model I was using is a Linksys WMP54G. I have Googled around on the "Wicd bad password" issue, but I can't find a definitive answer. Anyone know of any solutions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

12.04 Precise Pangolin
    Compiz & Unity removed, using Gnome Shell.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Persistant Issues With wicd

Who'da thunk it? I moved the wireless card to the PCI slot above it, and now the issue seems to have vanished. Also, I don't have the last security update to wicd (I did a manual reinstall of wicd while I was stuck offline), but I don't know if that would contribute to the issue or not.

If there is still no problem after the update and several boots, I will mark this as solved, but until I can confirm that switching PCI slots was the fix, I won't change anything here.