Thread: KDE annoyances

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Unhappy [SOLVED] KDE annoyances

I am running Kubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin) on my laptop, and have a few questions.

1) The default application view background is dark; how can I make one specific application (LibreOffice, to be specific) a different view background color?

2) How do I change the "Favorites" menu in the Application Launcher?
    Last edited by Chaos_Spear; November 5th, 2012 at 07:06 AM.
    Kubuntu 12.04/Win7, Intel Core i7-920, NVidia GeForce GTX 580, 2 x 2 GB DDR3, "Firstborn"
    Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop, Intel Core Duo T6500, dual-booting Kubuntu 12.04 and Vista, "Artemis"

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: KDE annoyances

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Spear View Post
    I am running Kubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin) on my laptop, and have a few questions.

1) The default application view background is dark; how can I make one specific application (LibreOffice, to be specific) a different view background color?

2) How do I change the "Favorites" menu in the Application Launcher?
    I tested on Kubuntu 12.10, but I do not think this is new...

If you right-click on any entry on the Kickoff Application Launcher, you should be able to add it to (or remove it from) the Favorites, and sort the entries.

You can also click and drag to place your favorites in a custom sequence.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mparillo View Post
    I tested on Kubuntu 12.10, but I do not think this is new...

If you right-click on any entry on the Kickoff Application Launcher, you should be able to add it to (or remove it from) the Favorites, and sort the entries.

You can also click and drag to place your favorites in a custom sequence.
    Thanks, that answers question 2!
    Kubuntu 12.04/Win7, Intel Core i7-920, NVidia GeForce GTX 580, 2 x 2 GB DDR3, "Firstborn"
    Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop, Intel Core Duo T6500, dual-booting Kubuntu 12.04 and Vista, "Artemis"

Beans
    Distro

Never mind! LibreOffice has its own appearance settings inside the program. Will mark this as solved.