Thread: Ubuntu 12.10 and Enlightenment, application fonts

Beans

Ubuntu 12.10 and Enlightenment, application fonts

I upgraded to 12.10, amd64, on a lenovo ThinkCentre M91p. In 12.04 I had no problem, but now the fonts in applications like synaptic and empathy do not honor the font selections I specify in gnome-tweak-tool. If I set the fonts, nothing changes in enlightenment, though if I log into unity the fonts are as I set them. I do have gnome-settings-daemon running. I tried removing and reinstalling the e17 packages but nothing changed. What else can I try? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ubuntu 12.10 and Enlightenment, application fonts

I am no expert in Enlightenment, but I would guess that Enlightenment and Gnome do have seperate configuration files. So, configuring Gnome with gnome-tweak-tool has most likely no effect on Enlightenment, since it is a different desktop environment. It would most likely be the same with KDE.

Beans

I've been using enlightenment exclusively for several years, and I have been able to adjust the fonts using gnome tools. I don't really understand how that works, but I know that in the past, gnome-settings-daemon did need to be running for it to work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

The E17 core packages in the repository are limited and outdated. If you would like have the ability to add modules I would suggest an svn PPA.

http://www.itworld.com/software/3071...17-ubuntu-1210

Caution: Remove all E17 packages installed from the Ubuntu repository before adding this PPA or you will have broken packages! The PPA packages are much more up to date .

I would suggest removing the .e folder in home/ hidden folders and create a new profile if you install the PPA . A new folder will be created during installation.

Install the synaptic package manager for adding modules you want such as weather and so on.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

I had found that page and did re-install it based on the instructions (and you are right about the broken packages - it took me a couple of go-arounds to clean that up). But I had not deleted my old configuration directory. So I tried that. The interface has more eye-candy now and there are more features available than I had before, but the fonts are still too large in synaptic and eclipse.

Does enlightenment have its own font-setting app? I couldn't find one.

Beans

Found it in the settings panel. Everything is good.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by tomns View Post
    Can you be more specific? i just install E17 svn on ubuntu raring and have the same trouble with fonts in gnome apps. This used to be solved by having gnome-settings-daemon running, which I do. But gtk apps still look terrible.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tomns View Post
    Any possibility of more specificity here because I would really like to fix this as well.