Thread: how can I edit a udf iso?

Beans

how can I edit a udf iso?

I need to delete a file on an iso so I can use my windows 7 starter product key to reinstall on my netbook. but when i mount the iso it only shows a file called readme.txt. I've tried using a modified nautilus script but it didn't work. can someone please help me out i don't want to waste my entire day off
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans

Re: how can I edit a udf iso?

Clarification needed. Do you want to reinstall Windows 7 only on your netbook?

Have you seen "Windows 7 ISOs you can download" - http://www.insidesocal.com/click/201...n-downloa.html

Beans

I have a proffesional iso from digital river. I want to delete the ei.cfg file so it will let me chose starter edition and I can use my key. would you know how I could mount this iso in ubuntu? and yes only on my netbook
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Have you tried isomaster, it's in the repositories.

Beans

i will thanks

Beans

I'm a bit late here, but did ISO Master work for the OP? I'm having the exact same problem. I have a windows7 iso that I want to edit but all I see in ISO Master is a readme text file that tells me this:

This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
    that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

M

Beans

UDF is a filesystem, like ntfs or ext3.

There is a kernel module for it, it's probably not built (it usually isn't by default).

I would guess that you'll need to built or somehow acquire the kernel module for UDF fileststems, then you can just mount the iso via the usual means. Not sure how you're going to delete a file from it though.

To build the module, you'll need the kernel source for the version you're running & the development tools (compilers etc). Then build the module (you don't need to build the whole kernel), copy it to your live kernel location & load it.

EDIT:
    Oh, also check this (its for vista dvds): http://ascending.wordpress.com/2008/...-ubuntu-linux/
    Last edited by dr_duck; December 13th, 2010 at 03:12 PM.

Beans

Hi.

try to install 7zip from Ubuntu software center, with the add-ons.
    then right click and choose "extract here"

You are probebly looking for a way to repack the ISO file, and I would sugest ISO Master.

God luck.

Beans

you can try ultreiso

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Necromancing - thread closed

Please do not post in threads more than one year old.

Thanks!
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.