Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: How to have a custom Grub2 menu that is maintenance free

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: How to have a custom Grub2 menu that is maintenance free

Thanks!

Yep - I remember the Plymouth one as being coloured purple from I don't know how many distros ago so it didn't worry me as it was familiar.

As I said above, in my last setup, the next screen after selecting Ubuntu had the same background as the initial GRUB screen, with the login box at the bottom RHS of the screen & the usual symbol to select whatever other desktops I had installed etc.

My uncertain memory is that I found a tute that detailed how to do that - I will do some search-engineing and report back.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: How to have a custom Grub2 menu that is maintenance free

Quote Originally Posted by von Stalhein View Post
    Thanks!

Yep - I remember the Plymouth one as being coloured purple from I don't know how many distros ago so it didn't worry me as it was familiar.

As I said above, in my last setup, the next screen after selecting Ubuntu had the same background as the initial GRUB screen, with the login box at the bottom RHS of the screen & the usual symbol to select whatever other desktops I had installed etc.

My uncertain memory is that I found a tute that detailed how to do that - I will do some search-engineering and report back.
    You're welcome! Yeah I do a lot of research as well.

I've had my grub screen, logon screen and background all the same before too.

Let me know what you find and If I can help I will.

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758