Thread: Troubles with latest kernels

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Troubles with latest kernels

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    Feedback

Problem has been narrowed down, and should not affect average users.

One of the users who ran into problems were using experimental new features that are not enabled by default. We can't stop users from trying out new features that aren't enabled by default. Things like metadata checksums are not enabled by default specifically because they aren't ready yet.

So its a no problem, but a huge buzz
    Will it be solved until 20.12. 2012. ... ?
    Ignota nulla curatio morbi.
    Quod nocet saepe docet.

Beans

Does anyone know whether this affects the 12.10 kernel?

I have just installed kubuntu 12.10 and had put Bodhi on another partition. I started getting error messages on the Bodhi install that it couldn't write to files and the install soon wouldn't boot.

I thought it was just a problem with Bodhi and sonething I had done to it but I am now getting the similar problems start with Kubuntu. I know Bodhi is based on 12.04 but uses updated kernels.

I have been rebooting a lot going between the installs and need to decide whether it could be this kernel bug or whether my hd is failing.

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by bailout View Post
    Does anyone know whether this affects the 12.10 kernel?

I have just installed kubuntu 12.10 and had put Bodhi on another partition. I started getting error messages on the Bodhi install that it couldn't write to files and the install soon wouldn't boot.

I thought it was just a problem with Bodhi and sonething I had done to it but I am now getting the similar problems start with Kubuntu. I know Bodhi is based on 12.04 but uses updated kernels.

I have been rebooting a lot going between the installs and need to decide whether it could be this kernel bug or whether my hd is failing.

thanks
    How old is your hdd,? (check smart info in disk utility). Through time older hdds increase their wattage drain and can put a drain on the power-supply. In contradistinction, older power supplies loose their wattage output gradually over time. These two factors can emulate a software bug/fail.

Beans

I ran the hd manufacturers (WD) disk check utility and both the quick and extended tests showed no errors with the hd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12